Anybody ever go through this?

Tom Joad

• Members

I've been playing bass for close to 6 years. I recently had about 800 dollars in bass gear(my P-bass, pedals, and a vintage Ampeg bass combo) stolen from me while I was attempting to relocate to Madison, Wisconsin. To make things even worse I had a computer with a good deal of recording software stolen too. So this left me with nothing at all. After about 2 months I moved back to Texas because I could make alot more money here and get new gear quicker.. It's taken me 6 months but I'm about to buy a brand new Macbook Pro.. I've already obtained a pretty solid Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass and I'm trying to get ahold of a Fender Bassman 250/115 before the end of the year..

The one problem I'm running into.. Is a total lack of creativity, I can't come up with anything interesting.. I can't play for as long as I used to.. I obviously can't get the tone I used to.. I feel like maybe the downtime I had after my {censored} was stolen affected my playing..

Has anybody else gone through something like this?

• Members

Even people who play constantly get into ruts. In your situation, I'm sure I wouldn't be very creative either!:eek:

You could try the different music approach, listening to something you don't normally, or do something else for a short time to re-energize your musical batteries.

• Members

I've been playing bass for close to 6 years. I recently had about 800 dollars in bass gear(my P-bass, pedals, and a vintage Ampeg bass combo) stolen from me while I was attempting to relocate to Madison, Wisconsin. To make things even worse I had a computer with a good deal of recording software stolen too. So this left me with nothing at all. After about 2 months I moved back to Texas because I could make alot more money here and get new gear quicker.. It's taken me 6 months but I'm about to buy a brand new Macbook Pro.. I've already obtained a pretty solid Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass and I'm trying to get ahold of a Fender Bassman 250/115 before the end of the year..

The one problem I'm running into.. Is a total lack of creativity, I can't come up with anything interesting.. I can't play for as long as I used to.. I obviously can't get the tone I used to.. I feel like maybe the downtime I had after my {censored} was stolen affected my playing..

It has a tendancy to leave you if you don't keep in practice but it will come back once you start playing more.

• Members

You've recently re-located...again. You've had precious music tools taken from you wrongly.

I'd say your stress is the cause.

Sometimes I can use stress to channel intense passion into my playing and come up with some really wicked stuff. Most of the time...not. :rolleyes: So, I'd consider investigating the stress issue.

• Members

I have. It sucks because you feel violated in more ways than one and there really isn't anything that can take that away. When I lived in Hawaii, just as I was moving back to the mainland someone broke into my place and took all of my equipment. I wasn't insured either. Didn't you have insurance? I didn't. :cry:

The remedy; sit back, relax, and go with the flow. Save your bucks and over time, if you keep coming back to this forum, sooner or later..........

often times sooner................

You WILL get a bad case of GAS !!:thu: :thu:

Archived