should I put on flats?

wilki29

• Moderators

I hate the sound of flats on any bass other than double basses. Other people prefer flats. Some love both. It definitely can sound very good, but it depends on what you want. My suggestion, get a set of flats and try them out, if you don't like them, put the rounds back on. :)

• Members

Flats on a P rawk if you want to simply sit in the mix with the least effort. Because flats don't have that 'zing' for me to get off on, they make be groove a bit better sometimes...make me work the instrument more. Yeah, I dig both. They've each got their place. Try 'em. Then try grounds. :thu:

• Members

I wouldn't ever string my primary bass with flats, but putting flats on your backup is cool. It's a mellow, easy to play setup. And the strings last for-evar.

I've got an old SG p/j I keep around with flats on it for emergencies or backup, and it's got a nice basic sound that always sits in the mix nicely.

• Members

I hate the sound of flats on any bass other than double basses. Other people prefer flats. Some love both. It definitely can sound very good, but it depends on what you want. My suggestion, get a set of flats and try them out, if you don't like them, put the rounds back on.
:)

I knew there was another reason, aside from your striking good looks, that I like you. :love:

;)

Archived