Whats in Your Water: OT

vismund624

• Members

I'm not too picky, but London tapwater is virtually undrinkable. Sure, it's clean and nothing bad will happen to you if you drink it, but there's this horrendous chemical aftertaste that just makes you want to cry.

Best tapwater I've ever had was in Helsinki, Finland. Really nice to shower with too, it left my hair all silky smooth :D

• Members

Technically speaking, all bottled waters are tap water.

It's not like water could magically spawn from nothing.

It has to come from a good spring and since good springs have been known for centuries, they're all used to produce tap water.

• Members

When I was down in Aruba, they boasted about having the cleanest tap water in the world because it is all made from desalinated sea water. The best tasting water that I've ever had is from the 80 foot well at my families summer house north of Hayward WI. I could make a fortune bottling that stuff.

• Members

Why is everyone upset that it's tap water? Where else are they going to get their water from?

If it's from a well people will say "ewww, it's from a well". If they say it's "Spring Water"...well, that's pretty much still a well. Or how do they collect the water then if it's Spring Water? Buckets? Have it flow into the bottling factory?

Does anyone think these things through? Where do you think the water is coming from that companies put in the bottles? No matter what source you it comes from, someone could make the case of "ewww, it came from THERE?"

Me, I just stick a Brita filter on my tap and drink from there.

Archived