Ashdown?

jmseymour

• Members

Big fan of mine (Ashdown Mag210 combo+Mag115 deep cab)...I run the MM sig jazz with flats on it through that dual band compressor into the amp with the EQ bypassed...I love the tone. My Mag was made before the production went over seas...so it is a UK made amp.

Really nice mid-range growl...Mags have a nice growl whereas ABMs are more traditionally voiced.

My rig was right for the money. Pay no attention to my beater ABG.

DCFC0223.jpg

• Members

I have the EB-180-15" model. A bare-bones combo.

Asian-made, yet a very solid build, great tone (to me) and a good value. I can see myself moving up to a U.K. model ABM series when I get ready to buy again.

:thu:

• Members

Big fan of mine (Ashdown Mag210 combo+Mag115 deep cab)...I run the MM sig jazz with flats on it through that dual band compressor into the amp with the EQ bypassed...I love the tone. My Mag was made before the production went over seas...so it is a UK made amp.

Really nice mid-range growl...Mags have a nice growl whereas ABMs are more traditionally voiced.

My rig was right for the money. Pay no attention to my beater ABG.

DCFC0223.jpg

I want that beater ABG. :p

• Members

I have an ABM rig - it's great. I've had it for a year and a half now, never had any problems with it despite pushing it hard. It's got a lot of power (I play it at 4/10 against a metal drummer and Marshall stack) and great 'updated-vintage' tone. It's one of the few hybrid amps that's marketed to a predominantly rock audience.

My guitarist loves the tone I get from it - and he is a total vintage purist, so that should tell you something.

• Members

I've read too many bad reviews about Ashdowns when it comes to their build quality. I only played a 15" combo, and it sounded good. Any reliablity issues? I'm also in the market for a practice amp.

On reliability:

I've only had my combo about 4 months. I've put it through the paces alone and with an ext. cab.

Absolutely no issues whatsoever. I love this amp.

• Members

I have a pre-china ABM 500 that I love and has never crapped out in 4 years. I have heard that since the moved production to China that there are quality issues. The also have non-existent customer service.

I registered mine with the UK headquarters. I'm sure they still honor whatever is built in China.

• Members

Ashdown pwns. I fell in love with their sound and will never go back to any other amps. They are built like tanks, and they can sound exactly what you want them to sound like. Their MAG range is designed to be cost effective while still putting out the same basic tones as the ABM range. While the ABM range is built like a sherman tank, and has tone to go along with it. If you haven't tried a 4x10, i suggest you do, both the MAG and ABM series cabs!

• Members

My realistic dream rig is a Warwick Thumb 6 through an ABM -> 4x10 ->2x10.

I've got the 2x10 now, and will soon have the 4x10.

Now for the head and the bass...
:D

Pretty close to mine!

Warwick Thumb 4 String --> ABM Rackmounted head --> 2 ABM 2x10 --> 2 ABM 4x10

• Members

I have a pre-china ABM 500 that I love and has never crapped out in 4 years. I have heard that since the moved production to China that there are quality issues. The also have non-existent customer service.

I thought the ABM line was still made in the UK and it was the MAG series that got moved to China :confused:

But I've been wrong before...just once or twice, but what you gonna do? ;)

• Members

My MAG300r is the most reliable and consistent amp I've ever owned/used and has done 2 years hard labour without the slightest problem. It has paid for itself many times over. The tone suits the classic and more modern rock covers we do perfectly. I've recently had plenty of compliments on my sound from other semi-pro players and reviewers.

Archived