Slap and Pop Bass

claypoolfan

• Members

I'd like to get everyone's opinions on what is the best 4 string going, under a grand(used), for thumbing and hard plucking. Another bass is probably a year down the line for me, but I'd like to know what to keep my eyes open for, just in case, I walk into a deal I can't refuse.

• Members

I don't think there is 'a definitive answer' but you'll get a lot of opinions ...personal prefs ....all I can say is both my Fender Jazz and Ric are great, but I s'pose thre are better..

...actually there are no better for me. My jazz was under a grand

• Members

My schecter cv-4 was around 400 bucks with its case and shipping. Dialled toward the neck jazz pickup a ways it sounds amazing for slap.

The absolute best imho would be an G&L l-2000 tribute with a moses graphite neck upgrade.

• Members

I'd like to get everyone's opinions on what is the best 4 string going, under a grand(used), for thumbing and hard plucking. Another bass is probably a year down the line for me, but I'd like to know what to keep my eyes open for, just in case, I walk into a deal I can't refuse.

depend on what you prefer .. but i found my Fender Jaguar to be qualified for what one's looking for in a good, decent, slapping machine :p

Archived