Starter package?

bersly

• Members

this is for someone who is just starting. He has never played anything before.

I get that. When I first started I tried a bunch of different basses to get an idea of the different feels they had, neck profiles and so on. Lots of basses have very different feels.

If you're not going to run this someone through all of that, sure... the package looks fine.

Very decent bedroom amp,

a tuner that will be ultimately replaced eventually, but is good enough for bedroom

a strap (personally, I like cheap straps...)

a mysterious "how to play bass" video

a cheap washburn bass (probably plays just fine)

a gigbag

Buying all of that seperately would cost more, but some of it is going to be replaced eventually anyway. I've always been really lukewarm about starter packages in general, but as they go, this one seems like a good one.

I hope that was at least a little bit helpful.

:freak::o

• Members

• Members

you can do better

for the same amount of money.

this would be a very good starter package

I tend to agree, but it's not quite the same price since someone still needs to buy a cable, a tuner (assuming they don't have a piano or something) and so on.

I think the gig bag and instructional video are superfluous though.

• Members

I tend to agree, but it's not quite the same price since someone still needs to buy a cable, a tuner (assuming they don't have a piano or something) and so on.

I think the gig bag and instructional video are superfluous though.

OK my bad for less than 19 dollars you can get a much better 20' cable and a MF tuner which IMO is one of the best little tuners you can buy outside of buying a rack mount Job:thu:

246794.jpg368265.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Instrument-Cable-14-Straight?sku=333210

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Friend-DT220-Guitar-Bass-Violin-Tuner?sku=210070

Archived