I'd forgotten how good he is...

chubrocker

• Members
Great player, and he sings too!
:eek:
As a member of the younger generation I appreciate his skills and his groove but honestly, Level 42 sound far to "80's" for my liking... it's the keyboards - mostly...But Mark King gets my
:thu:

Heretic!!!!!!

Have this man arrested!!!!1

• Members

I've gone back to the well with some of Mark's playing as well. I found out hard way that you get more gigs if you cop more of Nathan or Uncle Will's vibe than King's. I don't sound anything like him now, but his musical approach and overall excellence remains a big inspiration.

Alla that warp-speed slap stuff that MK plays is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of the quality of his overall musicianship. He plays great, solid real-deal bass when it's time for business and is still a great singer. A quick review of the writer's credits on Level 42 records reveals that he writes a lot of good tunes, too.

• Members

i played a headless steine-whatever they are called, guitar today at band practice while our lead guitard taught the other one some parts of dream on. as a guitar player for ten years i have never felt more uncomfortable playing any guitar ever.

i guess it makes no difference headstock or not but it just felt wrong, i would asume for me it would be even worse with a headless bass.

• Members

Please don't.
:p

well....I'll keep it short:

* He was a huge influence on me in the early 80's.

* I helped design his signature bass strings back when we both had an affiliation with Trace.

* All my little video demo clips on YouTube are directly or indirectly lifted from the man.

* Tone- I can indeed get really "snicky". I've never even heard or used the word before....just made it up.

:D

Archived