Shipping Gear Rant...

RSBro

• Members

So anyways, I sold my WT800B about a month or so ago.

First of all, I tell the guy I have to wait until I get a confirmation from the bank that his C.C. cleared. He gets mad about that.

So, I throw in a 2U rack bag with the amp, as I didn't really need it anymore as I've got a 4U Gator. Pack the snot out of it, and ship it via FedEx.

He gets it finally, and says one side doesn't work, or has low output, but the box is completely crushed on one side. Should be ok since it was in a rack, but whatever.

I told him test it out (which he only gave me questionable answers while doing this) and he's still griping. I keep asking specific questions he won't answer. Just "well the tech guy said it could be..." and that's all. I say I'll make it right, as it's the thing to do even if FedEx was rough on it. I was the second owner, and it worked flawlessly for me and the original owner (it was a 2005, original "B" version).

So, I don't hear anything for over a week. Emails me today and is like "Yeah, it's gonna take around maybe $200 to fix it". I'm curious, as the amp works, it's just low output like something is loose. I"m beginning to think he's just trying to work me, as he can be kind of rude and oblivious to a lot of the questions I ask.

He keeps saying "IT isn't how you described and that makes me mad and stuff" which I showed him the alibi from the original owner that it romped flawlessly while he had it, as it did for me. Not a single issue.

So I donno. I told him gear gets worked over in shipping often. I'll pay for it if you can't fix it on your own, as that's the right thing to do. Just wish he'd quit whining about it... I told him if he think stuff doesn't get damaged in shipping to just stay at GC or your local shop. It's a risk you take, but it works out w/ honest sellers in the end, which I def am.

Anyway, I have a date tonight and really don't want to be at work. I want to go see my Wal. :(

• Members

In these situations, I would say that if it doesn't work, it's FedEx's fault and it sounds like he has a claim if it was insured.

$.02

Dustin

The problem is I"m not totally convinced it's their fault. The guy has been flaky the whole time. I think he's just trying to get a few more bucks.

• Members

The problem is I"m not totally convinced it's their fault. The guy has been flaky the whole time. I think he's just trying to get a few more bucks.

That's why I say this. If it really is FedEx's fault, he'll have to decide whether or not it's worth his effort to get the money from them. I'd offer a little bit of help if he runs into snags (as in pictures of the packed box, if I had them), but if he's that flaky, I imagine he'll call off the dogs pretty quickly.

But that's just me.

• Members

That's why I say this. If it really is FedEx's fault, he'll have to decide whether or not it's worth
his
effort to get the money from them. I'd offer a little bit of help if he runs into snags (as in pictures of the packed box, if I had them), but if he's that flaky, I imagine he'll call off the dogs pretty quickly.

But that's just me.

True. I'll check on it when it gets done. I told him to scan the invoice and send it to me.

• Members

Require pictures of damage and if nothing else, have him take it to a tech and provide a written quote of what is damaged and what is wrong. If it is damaged in shipping, try to get FedEx to cover it.

Just check the picture of the box and see if it looks like his dumbass dropped it carrying it up the stairs to his room! :)

• Members

Require pictures of damage and if nothing else, have him take it to a tech and provide a written quote of what is damaged and what is wrong. If it is damaged in shipping, try to get FedEx to cover it.

Just check the picture of the box and see if it looks like his dumbass dropped it carrying it up the stairs to his room!
:)

R,

Also please send me pictures of the box, as well as the amp itself on the exterior. If any claims are to be made to FedEx, and the box was as badly damaged as you indicated when it arrived, this should have been done first thing.

Thanks-

R

Just sent. :)

• Members

Since he says he already took it to a tech then here's what I would do. Call the guy and ask him for the tech's number on the spot, if he can't provide the number because it's "not by him" then ask for the name of the music store the guy works out of. If he can't provide even that off the top of his head then tell him to stop trying to work you over...... And if by miracle of chance he is actually telling the truth, have your own discussion with the tech and actually find out what's wrong....

• Members

So anyways, I sold my WT800B about a month or so ago.

First of all, I tell the guy I have to wait until I get a confirmation from the bank that his C.C. cleared. He gets mad about that.

So, I throw in a 2U rack bag with the amp, as I didn't really need it anymore as I've got a 4U Gator. Pack the snot out of it, and ship it via FedEx.

He gets it finally, and says one side doesn't work, or has low output, but the box is completely crushed on one side. Should be ok since it was in a rack, but whatever.

I told him test it out (which he only gave me questionable answers while doing this) and he's still griping. I keep asking specific questions he won't answer. Just "well the tech guy said it could be..." and that's all. I say I'll make it right, as it's the thing to do even if FedEx was rough on it. I was the second owner, and it worked flawlessly for me and the original owner (it was a 2005, original "B" version).

So, I don't hear anything for over a week. Emails me today and is like "Yeah, it's gonna take around maybe $200 to fix it". I'm curious, as the amp works, it's just low output like something is loose. I"m beginning to think he's just trying to work me, as he can be kind of rude and oblivious to a lot of the questions I ask.

He keeps saying "IT isn't how you described and that makes me mad and stuff" which I showed him the alibi from the original owner that it romped flawlessly while he had it, as it did for me. Not a single issue.

this has gotten to be a pretty regular occurence on ebay over the last year or so. people get crazy with the bidding and pay more than something is worth and the reality sets in when the item gets to them. then they decide "hey i can get some more money out of this guy by telling him if he doesn't pay out i'mgonna leave bad feedback!!"

i've had 4 or 5 different people try the same thing on me over the last 6 months or so and the best way i've found of dealing with it is this:

tell him to take it to a reputable shop and get a written estimate for the damage and scan or fax the estimate to you.

tell the buyer that you will not give him any money out of pocket. if it's damaged he will have to wait for fedex to pay the claim. that's what shipping insurance is for

those two things alone will weed out the people that ar just trying to work you over.don't be rude -just be professional and matter of fact with him and let him know that when it comes to money you don't play around.

Archived