The old "I feel stagnant with my gear" thread.

willsellout

• Members

So right now the only bass that's speaking to me creatively is the SB2 (as always). I'm having issues with both the Ibanez and the Tony Franklin for some reason. I just attempted a setup on the TF and had to actually put it down it was so frustrating. There is a weird metallic ring when I pluck the D string and I can't figure out where it's coming from. That and I couldn't find a good balance between string height/neck relief. I finally got fed up with it and put the {censored}er back in the case. I've always done my own setups and the SB2 took all of two minutes to adjust relief, string height, and intonate to perfection but the TF was being a pain in the dick. The Ibanez I'm just bored with...not sure why as I love the bass..I just never ever pick it up. I always go for the SB2..it's the bass I will never get rid of. It fits like a glove and kicks ass. I want to love the TF, I really do...but the playability is starting to get to me. I really haven't gotten to a place with it where I'm happy. But of course the frickin thing is the most monstrous fretless I've ever played..I just need it to break in already! {censored}!

Dan

• Members

I went to Guitar Center today to check out that new Marbass head (tube pre-amp) and they said it wasn't out yet. I plugged a Schecter C-4 bass into a new 180w Behringer combo (12") and was FLOORED. The Schecter was so easy to play it was sick and the sound coming out of that little combo was ripping. :eek:

Archived