new bass day!!

Guttermouth

• Members

the fedex man came early today.2 days early to be exact ( on a saturday no less:)).

there's not too many things better than waking up with a new bass sitting on your porch :)

pickups.jpg

wallfrontgood.jpg

this is one bad ass bass. i've been playing non stop for about 4 hours now and it's just killer.

clip :

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5630365&q=hi

the t-20 fl i had got me hooked on these super ferrite pickups and in a 2 pickup config like this they are just sick.each pickup has a dedicated volume and they share a tone control. it's almost as versatile as the t-40 without all the weight.

at any rate -these old foundations are gonna be my bang for the buck suggestion from now on. these are just super p/j killers for ridiculously little money :thu:

• Members

It definitely looks mid to early 80's, but who knows. It is really cool.

a local pawnshop has the fretless mate for it (maple board but has the same paint job and looks to be about the same year ) in like new condition w/ case for 229.00 . it was all i could do to walk outta there empty handed.

these old foundations have a neck that's like a mix between a precision and a jazz that plays like butter. i just cant believe they don't bring more money :idk:

• Moderators

i just cant believe they don't bring more money
:idk:

Sure you can. Price on the used market is unrelated to quality, only name recognition and style matter. That's why being able to honestly evaluate the quality of instruments allows you to pick up great basses for little cash on the used market.

• Members

That's because so many bassists can't pull their heads out of their fender ass and realize how many great, and superior basses there really are out there.
:thu:

you know,i usually don't like to get down on anyone's choice of instrument but, i've had a BUNCH of fenders over the years and none of them have played as good as this 185.00 bass.

i'm gonna get crucified for that statement ^

(runs and hides :))

• Members

Sure you can. Price on the used market is unrelated to quality, only name recognition and style matter. That's why being able to honestly evaluate the quality of instruments allows you to pick up great basses for little cash on the used market.

i guess the stigma of cheap instruments when i was growing up is still with me a bit.if i could have had a bass that plays this well,this cheap when i was learning it would have made a world of difference.

i know peavey gets bagged on alot for their "bland" amps but i have come to the realization lately that i absolutely love their basses and unless i get a smokin' deal on an old p-bass i don't see shelling out the cash for a fender :thu:

• Moderators

i know peavey gets bagged on alot for their "bland" amps but i have come to the realization lately that i absolutely love their basses and unless i get a smokin' deal on an old p-bass i don't see shelling out the cash for a fender
:thu:

I'd own a Fender for several reasons, but not because it was the best sounding bass at its price point unless I found it WAY below market value.

• Members

whew.

just got her back together and polished. i dissassembled the whole bass as there looked to be some black sticky fluid spilled on it some time ago. the neck was actually stuck in the pocket from whatever it was (some type of soda probably). so everything got cleaned and all the chrome got polished. cleaned the pots, fed the fretboard (5 times before it stopped absorbing ) and just gave it a general tune up.looks much better now i think.

frontwallclean.jpg

oh yeah - here's an example of the nasty soda/fuzz dirt mixture that was on/ in everything:

knobnasty.jpg

gross...

• Members
Preach on brother man. What gets lost most often is the importance of beginners learning on quality instruments rather than "beginner" basses. It is probably more important that a beginner have the right tool than it is for an advanced player.

so true. an advanced player can play on damn near anything and make it work. when you're still trying to get coordinated and the instrument sucks there's just too many obstacles in the way. i lucked up and most of the people in my family are musicians and understood that so i got out of the crap instrument range as soon as they saw i was serious . i have tons of friends who started playing but, gave it up due to crappy instruments.

• Members

GET THE FRETLESS DO IT OH MAH GOODNESS DO IT

Also, this one is cool.

Buy that fretless. Buy it so hard.

haha -it would be cool to have a matching pair. you don't see the sunbursts too often and i ran across 2 in 2 weeks. maybe i'm supposed to have both of them......:lol:

Archived