Hey, Thomas....

ezstep

• Members

...if you remember our "conversation" a couple of months ago...

Don't waste your time or money on noise-reducing ear buds. I can hardly tell the difference between them and regular ear buds. I bought some refurbished ones at a factory outlet....definitely not worth the full retail price.

Oh, well. Another creative idea of mine shot all to hell. :)

• Members

share, we'd like to know your findings to avoid extra needless expense

Since both of us ride motorcycles, the conversation turned to listening to music while riding. There are helmet speakers (permanently installed into the "ears" of the riding helmet) but there is considerable engine and considerable wind noise while riding. Tom, a pilot, gave me advice about noise-reducing headphones - that I purchased a while back - to use for watching DVD's while flying or simply to reduce the roar while flying. They work extremely well and I take them when travelling - highly recommended. So we discussed pro's and con's of earbuds. And, they do make noise-reducing ear buds. Neither of us had tried those.

On vacation a few weeks ago in Florida, I purchased a pair of Sony NR earbuds, and the overall effect of listening to music (through earbuds) while riding a motorcycle was not nearly as impressive as I had hoped. :cry:

Now, keep in mind that ear buds were not designed to cut wind noise and engine noise and to produce music specifically while riding motorcycles, so it is outside their designed use. But, I gave it a shot. I still use them, but not on the bike. They range widely in price, but NR earbuds are up in the $70+ range.

Archived