Hey UK Forumites....

DevilRaysFan

• Members

Well, I'm a koppite - altho being a Catholic, I suppose I should be a blue.

Hey, nice to have another liverpudlian on the board - do you play in a band?

Yeah mate, played with a couple of bands over the past few years, The Late developers, Ocean Island Collapse and Kev Critchley. I doubt you've heard of any though :)

Current band is called Glass Asylum, played our first gig at the Zanzi last thursday, was cool :thu:

How bout yourself mate?

(And btw, like I say I'm not a true Scouser. Grew up on the Wirral, but been living near rodney street for 2 years. Love living in the city.)

• Members

Yeah mate, played with a couple of bands over the past few years, The Late developers, Ocean Island Collapse and Kev Critchley. I doubt you've heard of any though
:)

Current band is called Glass Asylum, played our first gig at the Zanzi last thursday, was cool
:thu:

How bout yourself mate?

(And btw, like I say I'm not a true Scouser. Grew up on the Wirral, but been living near rodney street for 2 years. Love living in the city.)

No ... I haven't heard of any of them! I used to be in the CBs (Citizen Band) which I hated tbh, and now I'm in this band, energetic garage/blues-rock (think Stooges, Zep):

www.myspace.com/thelittlemissstrange

I myself am more of an aggressive post punk type bassist tho (the Fall, Nomeansno, King Crimson, Stranglers, 70s Miles Davis)

We played Barfly on Seel st. last week - boss venue! Don't worry bout being a Wirralite - I work with loads of yuz. I'll look out for your new band - when are you playing next?

• Members

No ... I haven't heard of any of them! I used to be in the CBs (Citizen Band) which I hated tbh, and now I'm in this band, energetic garage/blues-rock (think Stooges, Zep):

www.myspace.com/thelittlemissstrange

I myself am more of an aggressive post punk type bassist tho (the Fall, Nomeansno, King Crimson, Stranglers, 70s Miles Davis)

We played Barfly on Seel st. last week - boss venue! Don't worry bout being a Wirralite - I work with loads of yuz. I'll look out for your new band - when are you playing next?

Christ knows, we have to find a new singer first! We lost our 1st one when he moved away before we got anything started. We've currently got a mate of ours helping out but he studys way down south so we'll need to look for a new fella come september. Last gig was just a laugh, we'll be taking things seriously once we get our lineup sorted. You wouldn't know any unattached singers would ya?

You going to put any songs up on myspace? Would be good to hear your stuff man.

• Members

Christ knows, we have to find a new singer first! We lost our 1st one when he moved away before we got anything started. We've currently got a mate of ours helping out but he studys way down south so we'll need to look for a new fella come september. Last gig was just a laugh, we'll be taking things seriously once we get our lineup sorted. You wouldn't know any unattached singers would ya?

You going to put any songs up on myspace? Would be good to hear your stuff man.

Yep, we're going into the studio in 2 weeks time to get two songs recorded - then we'll stick them on the Myspace.

I'll be on the lookout for a singer for ya - I do know a drummer atm without a band! I suppose that's no help, tho. What's your rig btw? Don't you have one of those Jaguar basses?! :love:

• Members

Yep, we're going into the studio in 2 weeks time to get two songs recorded - then we'll stick them on the Myspace.

I'll be on the lookout for a singer for ya - I do know a drummer atm without a band! I suppose that's no help, tho. What's your rig btw? Don't you have one of those Jaguar basses?!
:love:

Cool man, I'll watch your myspace for them.

Yeah, we're just looking for a singer and 2nd guitar player at the mo. It's been pretty hard finding people who gel with us, y'know? Barring chronic injury or death there's no way the guitarist drummer and me are splitting, we've got too good a vibe!

Yeah I've got my jag :love:. It's the only 3TS one I've seen in the area, which is kinda cool. I've been recently playing a 5 string warwick corvette too, which I bought in a fit of lust at the dolphin music shop. :thu:

Nice P-bass on your profile photos mate, were they taken at the Zanzi?

• Members

Cool man, I'll watch your myspace for them.

Yeah, we're just looking for a singer and 2nd guitar player at the mo. It's been pretty hard finding people who gel with us, y'know? Barring chronic injury or death there's no way the guitarist drummer and me are splitting, we've got too good a vibe!

Yeah I've got my jag
:love:
. It's the only 3TS one I've seen in the area, which is kinda cool. I've been recently playing a 5 string warwick corvette too, which I bought in a fit of lust at the dolphin music shop.
:thu:

Nice P-bass on your profile photos mate, were they taken at the Zanzi?

What kind of music do you play? That way I can keep an eye (ear?) out for a potential singer.

The pics were taken at the zanzi and also from the barfly gig. We're playing at the Zanzi on the 17th btw if you wanna come! Whereabouts do you practice? We're at Elevator on Dale St.

The P-bass is boss but I've been GASing for something else, preferably a Ricky 4003 or a Jazz, but I wouldn't say no to a more 'unusual' P-bass like a short-scale Mustang or vintage style telecaster bass.

• Members

Pfft! Anyone wearing a Manchester united shirt in Glasgow on a weekend would get stabbed. Then the person who did the stabbing would get stabbed. And then people would arrange a parade to celebrate the stabbing of the stabber and Jesus would cry.

• Members

Pfft! Anyone wearing a Manchester united shirt in Glasgow on a weekend would get stabbed. Then the person who did the stabbing would get stabbed. And then people would arrange a parade to celebrate the stabbing of the stabber and Jesus would cry.

"Hail Rooney" :thu:

p1_rooney_0811.jpg

:D

I can't wait til this Sunday 11:00 AM Eastern US Time!!!

• Members

What kind of music do you play? That way I can keep an eye (ear?) out for a potential singer.

The pics were taken at the zanzi and also from the barfly gig. We're playing at the Zanzi on the 17th btw if you wanna come! Whereabouts do you practice? We're at Elevator on Dale St.

The P-bass is boss but I've been GASing for something else, preferably a Ricky 4003 or a Jazz, but I wouldn't say no to a more 'unusual' P-bass like a short-scale Mustang or vintage style telecaster bass.

We've generally got a modern, hard-rock kind of sound. If each of us picked our favourite band and influence it would be Muse, Pearl Jam and Primus, though we don't sound like any of them. Y'know how it is..... I'll get a few demo songs onto our myspace just as soon as I find myself a minidisc player from somewhere.

Appreciate you looking anyway though mate! I'll see if I can make the 17th

We're a bit lucky, cos I study Sound Engineering at LIPA (I know, I know, place has a bad reputation for producing arseholes...) so I can use the practice rooms there for free, which is pretty great. We use crash for pre-gig rehearsal. What kind of prices do elevator have btw? I've never been there.

Actually thinking about it, when we get the new crop of 1st years in this september, I could send a few of them in your direction if you want. They're always looking for local bands to record.

Not a fan of short-scales myself. Ever looked at the Fender Roscoe Beck IV? Interesting alternative fender...

Archived