HOLY CRAP!!!

Guttermouth

• Members

so i put a couple of things up for sale today.i got a line on a mixer i've been wanting for years so i put mine up for sale and sold it in less than 48 hours.

on a whim i put my a.m.p. up for sale thinking i would have a week or so to figure out what i'm gonna do amp wise. i'm gonna have to do some construction to accomodate the new mixer so i won't be playing much in the next week or so anyway.

the amp sold in less than 3 hours.

what in the hell am i gonna do ?????

i'm building myself a tube preamp in the next couple of days so i guess i might just pick up a small power amp or something.most of what i do is recording so i don't really NEED an amp and i also have the kustom still.

i always liked the mosvalve power amps for guitar - any of you guys used one with a bass pre?

• Members

No experience with the mosvalves, but OH NO, the a.m.p. is gone?!?! I don't even know you man.

How much power do you need? Is there any reason you need an amp other than the Kustom?

well......

the idea was to try to get an a.m.p. pre for recording as i wasn't using the head alot. i do like that jazzy,burpy kinda tone but, i wasn't just thrilled with the d.i. on the head.

i really dig the kustom alot and if it had a decent d.i i'd be completely happy with it for a practice and recording amp.but, being the low wattage model it's not really suitable for gigs.

maybe i'm just over reacting - i hardly ever play with other people and when i get this pre done i think it will cover all my needs for recording.maybe it's just a mental thing of not having a gigging amp sitting there :)

• Members

So why the hell did you sell your amp if you didn't want to?

hahaha

i know it sounds ridiculous seeing it typed out like this.the amp was my "gigging" sized amp and i'm not using it.i was thinking i'd have a couple of days to figure out what i wanted to replace it with and do some shopping around and hopefully consolidate down to having one amp to gig and record with.

it sold really quick and after discussing it with kindness (and him being right,of course) the fact of the matter is that i don't need a gigging amp and was just freaking out not having one.

• Members

You can always get an amp for a gig pretty quickly. Wait until the need actually arises or you'll just be spending money to spend money.

i think i'll just hold off untill i get this pre built and then maybe just buy a power amp so i can have a gigging and recording setup in one rack.

• Members

It would be hard to be left without a gigging amp if you've had one for a while. I still hang onto a 3000 watt PA amp on the chance I will need it again. It has been 2+ years since I've needed it.

you know man - 15 years of always having at least one gigging amp and then all of the sudden not having one is kind of a weird feeling :)

• Members

Which mixer?

it was a lawsuit behringer ( mackie 1604 knock off) with neutrik's and good pre's.

a buddy of mine has this 24 channel tascam from the early 80's that i've been trying to buy off him for ages and he finally decided to sell :thu:

it's huge and i'm gonna have to build a new desk for it but boy, does it sound good.

• Moderators

I play bass with a few local bands, record bass with a few national bands and used to engineer/produce demo type recordings for local acts. Now I'd like to take some time and record for myself, whether it is practice tracks or to post clips online here. In fact, what I'd really like to do is take the drum tracks that get posted here from time to time by fretless and post clips of me and Brother Mango doing our thing over them. To illustrate how different two different bassists will approach the exact same beat.

• Members

I play bass with a few local bands, record bass with a few national bands and used to engineer/produce demo type recordings for local acts. Now I'd like to take some time and record for myself, whether it is practice tracks or to post clips online here. In fact, what I'd really like to do is take the drum tracks that get posted here from time to time by fretless and post clips of me and Brother Mango doing our thing over them. To illustrate how different two different bassists will approach the exact same beat.

what kind of setup are you running? pc based? specs!!! SPECS!!!!!

:)

oh,

and what are these new projects you speak of?

• Moderators

oh,

and what are these new projects you speak of?

I worked up an acoustic guitar tonight from pieces in a box to a really well setup beaut. I have a Squire PJ on my table at this moment getting the full treatment before being donated to a local charity this week - frets, electronics, setup, etc. I have a friend's Strat in line for full electronics, fretwork and bridge work. Those were the new ones today, but I need to get Tbroom's Univox up and running asap. After that, I have an acoustic that needs a new nut and a few other small jobs. The Strat owner wants me to start on a guitar amp for him soon, probably a blackface Princeton or Super. I'm sure there are others, but I don't have them all written down. :)

• Moderators

You could take it to PM.... just sayin'....

Am I bothering you? :confused:

I thought this place was our corner tavern. The guy at the bar next to me happens to be a friend, so I'm talking to him. Pull up a stool and join the conversation. If we bore you, or there is a pretty girl to go hit on, just wander over to the next conversation.

:thu:

• Members

When I was dating my wife and we were both in law school she gave me a Roland VS-880EX 8-track for Christmas. It was a great surprise and served me well in doing a number of recordings over the years. I use a Presonus MP-20 with Jensen transformers as a pre. I have various mics of varying {censored}ocity.

I worked up an acoustic guitar tonight from pieces in a box to a really well setup beaut. I have a Squire PJ on my table at this moment getting the full treatment before being donated to a local charity this week - frets, electronics, setup, etc. I have a friend's Strat in line for full electronics, fretwork and bridge work. Those were the new ones today, but I need to get Tbroom's Univox up and running asap. After that, I have an acoustic that needs a new nut and a few other small jobs. The Strat owner wants me to start on a guitar amp for him soon, probably a blackface Princeton or Super. I'm sure there are others, but I don't have them all written down.
:)

wow

you're doing all that ^ and still working a regular 9-5?? i'm impressed :)

• Members

Am I bothering you?
:confused:

I thought this place was our corner tavern. The guy at the bar next to me happens to be a friend, so I'm talking to him. Pull up a stool and join the conversation. If we bore you, or there is a pretty girl to go hit on, just wander over to the next conversation.

:thu:

word.

i saw a foxy babe here:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1707025

Archived