if you could have a beer with any musician...

jonathan_matos5

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Had a beer with Billy Sheehan and Neil Schon before- they were both hanging around in the Hilton bar after NAMM this year. I ran into a bunch of people that weekend at the bar there actually- David Ellefson, Chris Adler, Michael Amott, Jeff Loomis, etc...

And??

I would like to sit with Mozart first and foremost.

After that, George Harrison (I'd tell him I would kick Clapton's ass for him).

David Gilmore.

• Members

And??

Well Billy Sheehan was cool- real tall guy, noticeably taller than me and I'm not short at like 6' 1.5". Which struck me since most rock stars I met were really short. But yea- he was just real quiet, took pictures with everybody who asked, really nice guy though.

Neil Schon was kind of a dick- mostly interested in talking amongst the other rockstars, not so much fans. I did get a picture with him though- after the chick I was with got one first!

Alot of the other dudes I met were just metal guys- ie Ellefson, Loomis, Adler, Amott, James Murphy, Michael Wilton, Mike Inez, etc. Inez was hella cool- lots to say about what music he was working on. Adler was way cool too- talked to him alot about the last Lamb of god album. Ellefson was okay- everybody else didn't say much.

• Members

Quincy Jones, Prince, or Lee Sklar.

The letter and the spirit of this thread would be compromised with Sklar because he doesn't drink, and I don't either. With Prince, it'd be tough because he never leaves his studio to go out and socialize. I'd be too starstruck to talk with Q.

That's not true, I used to work at a video store that was 2 miles from his studio. His bodyguard would call and ask us to keep the store open for Prince after closing hours.... Hmmm, tough call....

Anyway, he is extremely anti-social, I've met him on about 6 different occasions, mind you this is after keeping the store open after hours.

So I asked the bodyguard if Prince would sign my copy of Purple Rain and he told me Prince doesn't do that anymore, because he's been in the biz too long, and he doesn't like talking to his fans.

Ironically I'm listening to Prince right now.

But man he is SHORT!

Archived