Help Going from Tube to Hybrid or SS, Again

Givati

• Members

I just finished reading the thread posted by burnthiscorpse on the same subject. I have a simular situation. The Meas 400+ is killing me to haul. I am driving an SWR Henry the 8x8 rather than the 8x10 Ampeg he uses. I play 2 main sounds. A Jaco type sound and a traditional slap sound on a lakland 5 st. and a fretless.

I borrowed an Mesa M-Pulse 600 this week end and loved it, however it is beyond my budget. What I loved about it was: 2 seperate eq settings, good compression, I defiantly love the foot switch option, and its light weight.

I want to spend around $400 to $600.

What are your suggestions?

• Members

Trade the 400 for an M-pulse.

Unfortunately the 400+ is borrowed from my guitarist. So what ever I get will be out of my pocket. That's why I will have trouble paying for the M-Pulse.

What other amps have 2 separate eq settings? I know the Peavey Mark III and I think Mark IV do. But what about the tone of the Peavey. Is it suspect?

• Members

I just finished reading the thread posted by burnthiscorpse on the same subject. I have a simular situation. The Meas 400+ is killing me to haul. I am driving an SWR Henry the 8x8 rather than the 8x10 Ampeg he uses. I play 2 main sounds. A Jaco type sound and a traditional slap sound on a lakland 5 st. and a fretless.

I borrowed an Mesa M-Pulse 600 this week end and loved it, however it is beyond my budget. What I loved about it was: 2 seperate eq settings, good compression, I defiantly love the foot switch option, and its light weight.

I want to spend around $400 to $600.

What are your suggestions?

For $600, I'll bet you get decent separates pre-owned.

An Ampeg Billy Sheehan pre-amp and a Peavey DPC power amp, say. Two rack spaces, about 20 lbs., 1000+ Watts. More headroom than Alice in Wonderland. Make your cab snap to, for sure.

• Members

For $600, I'll bet you get decent separates pre-owned.

An Ampeg Billy Sheehan pre-amp and a Peavey DPC power amp, say. Two rack spaces, about 20 lbs., 1000+ Watts. More headroom than Alice in Wonderland. Make your cab snap to, for sure.

+A Billion 1's

Seems to be the best way to go for something good in that kind of budget, wish I would've done it.

Archived