Crate 50w bass combo w/12" speaker

JeffBass

• Members

I'm not familiar at all with Crate stuff; what's the lowdown?

Crate, like Behringer, has a number of detractors, but IMHO, they make decent stuff for the price range. Is it pro quality??? Hells no!!! But it'll get the job done.

Not the best sound, but they tend to give you a lot of features for that low price.

If you're spending that little, well...............

• Members

Peavey, Behringer, and Crate seem to have done a great job in producing these inexpensive, great sounding small combos. I've played them all and all and all three sound really good and get surprisingly loud before breaking up. They have built-in compression so you can crank'em up loud as long as you EQ them correctly. This Crate has two channels (clean and distortion, footswitchable) plus a built-in tuner!! The bar stool's a nice touch. :thu:

• Members

I Recently played through almost every smaller combo they had at GC. I ended up spending more on the Line6 LD150 but I played through that crate and it was ok. A little weak on the lows, but pretty good sound for the money.

The one amp, under $200, that I really liked, was the Marshall MB30. It was louder, at only 30 watts, than that crate and had a lot of different sounds. Tell Sis to at least play through this one first and to play on both channels.

Here's a Guitard Center link for more info.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Marshall-MB30-Bass-Amp-Combo-?full_sku=480304

• Members

great amp. I've owned one for bout 7 years. Even giged in a small country bar. sounds great. No match for my big stuff but it wasn't ment to be. little on the heavy side but built like a tank. Mine has the carry strap on the side which is a little wierd. Sounds like a much larger amp. No distortion at high levels.... You'll be pleased

Archived