Kawai FIIBKS..anyone know what they are going for?

• Members

They are japanese alembic-style basses, neck-thru, maple and koa, nice hardware, for those that are not familiar. They stopped making them in 2000 i think.

I've been sporadically checking the bay and craiglist, but havent seen any come floating by. Im not sure how common they ever were, i've never seen another one aside from mine.

Anyone have any market knowledge on these?

Also, before I am called out on the lack of pic, its at my techs getting a cleaning and intonation on his absurdly pricy strobe tuner. For a general pic, though with zebrawood as opposed to koa

http://www.kawaius-tsd.com/pages/fIIbz.html

gracias

• Members
They are japanese alembic-style basses, neck-thru, maple and koa, nice hardware, for those that are not familiar. They stopped making them in 2000 i think.

I've been sporadically checking the bay and craiglist, but havent seen any come floating by. Im not sure how common they ever were, i've never seen another one aside from mine.

Anyone have any market knowledge on these?

Also, before I am called out on the lack of pic, its at my techs getting a cleaning and intonation on his absurdly pricy strobe tuner. For a general pic, though with zebrawood as opposed to koa

gracias

You're the only other person, Besides Jazz AD that hAs ever mentioned Kawai on this forum, and the only person, besides me, whoever owned one!I can't help you, but God bless ya!!!!!!1

• Members

You're the only other person, Besides Jazz AD that hAs ever mentioned Kawai on this forum, and the only person, besides me, whoever owned one!

I can't help you, but God bless ya!!!!!!1

I had one , had a brass nut installed on it , nice bass , but a wee heavy compared to my other basses . Very high quality stuff . Think I paid 500 , sold it for 650 .

• Members

i bought mine at daddy's junky in boston for 300 flat...they were discontinued and they were trying to unload what they had left...

im thinking of selling and using the proceed to finance some amplification, since i've been without for a long while...

• Members

which one do you have bassgeek? how do you like it?

I have a KRB- 69 (go ahead.......Laugh), and she served me well for many years, until I discovered Spector. I threw some EMG's in her about 12 years ago. Great sounding bass. The headstock is cracked now, and I have cannibalized her, but one day, she will rise again!!!!!!!

• Members

well..despite promises, and despite having picked it up fresh and clean from my tech, my wife's digital camera seems to be misbehaving, so no pics as yet.

anyone know much about digital cameras? Seems like there is some issue with the camera basically working, but when its in picture taking mode, the little screen just stays black...probably its {censored}ed, but i hope not, was pricy...

in any event, this thing is the great player it began its life as, and despite the fact that im really digging it today, i know that its not my thing, me and this bass just have different personalities...

so, i think im going to sell it...but there are so few of them around, and they are so unknown, i expect issues getting a real price...

Archived