WTF is Peavey thinking?

burdizzos

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
that's half of it. that amp has actually been at peavey for a few years, but they kept trying to make it a guitar amp. it actually makes sense as a bass amp, so they eventually got around to it. we had been begging to make something fun like that forever.

. . . . . .

the other interesting thing about the it is the frequencies in the graphic EQ. not all graphic EQs are equal. the bass amp guy there made it bass-specific with much closer bands of lower frequencies. it's way more useful than your typical graphic EQ.

robb.

Thanks for the info. That's a pretty cool deal. I may have to get one of the VB-3s when they start shipping. If it was right before Christmas it'd be a really good thing to point my wife in that direction.

• Members
That is the BEST looking Peavey amp I have ever seen!
:thu:
If they ever made a production amp look like that, I'd buy one on the spot - without playing it first.
:D

And I see they're taking the "blue = tone" concept from the GB boys on the VB-3. That looks like it could be a killer tube amp. I think they'll do well enough.

Dustin

I'm telling you!!! That amp is a thing of beauty...

- georgestrings

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

That is the BEST looking Peavey amp I have ever seen!
:thu:
If they ever made a production amp look like that, I'd buy one on the spot - without playing it first.
:D

And I see they're taking the "blue = tone" concept from the GB boys on the VB-3. That looks like it could be a killer tube amp. I think they'll do well enough.

Dustin

Word. That thing is GORGEOUS!

I've always thought that wood accents on an amp look great.

Archived