bad song / good bass

groutt

• Members

Wings - Silly Love Songs

Crankin' up the garage sale subwoofer and trying to ignore the rest of the song on the way to work this morning. Nice bassline.

Song: :blah:

Bass: :thu:

What songs don't you like, but have bass or some redeeming quality that makes it worth listening to?

• Members

Forget Me Nots - Patrice RushenTime Will Reveal - DeBargeSlip Sliding Away - Simon and Garfunkel

Disagree!!! Forget me nots is a great song, with great bass.

However, "Fantastic Voyage" by Lakeside is a bad song with great bass!

• Members

Disagree!!! Forget me nots is a great song, with great bass.

Sorry - I think its a piss poor song with great bass...Same thing with Rock Steady by the Whispers and so is Living In America by James Brown

Baby Stay With Me Tonight by Jeffrey Osbourne is a so-and-so song with great bass

• Members
Sorry - I think its a piss poor song with great bass...Same thing with Rock Steady by the Whispers and so is Living In America by James Brown

Baby Stay With Me Tonight by Jeffrey Osbourne is a so-and-so song with great bass

I see your "Rock Steady, and I'll raise you one "And the beat goes on" by the Whispers, and a "He's the Greatest Dancer" by Sister Sledge!

• Members

I see your "Rock Steady, and I'll raise you one "And the beat goes on" by the Whispers, and a "He's the Greatest Dancer" by Sister Sledge!

Ooooooh...ya got me

OK, here is my last ditch effort:

With the exception of "Love You Down" and "Long Time Coming" (because both those songs are kinda cool), Ready For The World's ENTIRE body of work!!!! :D

• Members

Pretty much everything that Kagagoogoo did had really strong bass work on some pretty bogus tunes. Same applies to all that Paul Young stuff that Pino played fretless on. Some of those cuts were miserable, but Pino's brilliant bass work made them listenable. It takes a profound talent to be able to do that.

"Every Time You Go Away" was a good tune, but Paul Young didn't write it - Daryl Hall did.

Archived