covers that sound better that the original revisited

jonathan_matos5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Several People will say "All Along the Watchtower" by Hendrix

IT escapes me, but there is a song, I believe, by the Eagles, that most people don't realize is a cover. It was originally by Fleetwood Mac.

The song escapes me now, though........

• Members

IT escapes me, but there is a song, I believe, by the Eagles, that most people don't realize is a cover. It was originally by Fleetwood Mac.

The song escapes me now, though........

You're not talking about "Oh Well" are you?? The Rockets did a great remake of it. Fleetwood Mac did the original back in '68 (pre-Stevie & Buckingham).

Mr. Matt

• Members

you serious?

I liked the verses, but he just sounded.....'flat' in the chorus

The "solo" is also lame. I still think it's better than the original. I just like the composition, how they integrated actual instruments instead of the synth. :D

• Members

The Beatles did a much better version of Twist and Shout than the Isley Brothers.

Whoops! The Isleys version was a cover too. Originally the tune was done by the Top Notes, produced by a young and pretty green Phil Spector. It tanked.

• Members

gotta disagree with the Tool cover

I'll probably get killed for this, but:

I STRONGLY DISLIKE LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They wrote some decent music, but they couldn't play it live for {censored}. That's why I like most of the LZ covers that came out.

Jimmy Page was the sloppiest studio guitarist I've ever heard. Bonham was good, but I don't see why is praised so much. He wasn't the only guy in the world who was doing those things. Heck...Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich did it all years before him. JPJ was an awesome bass player...no complaints at all. Robert Plant...is...Robert Plant.

I'm not starting anything, and I probably won't even respond to any comments on this one. If you like em', it's cool...

• Members

I think its less that other musicians were doing the same things technically, and that they were all doing them in the context of the same band, total more than sum of parts, synergy, that sort of thing. But hey, diff'rent strokes brah :)

• Members

Page fair enough sloppy live, but not on studio work. Also you need to remember the production of those records is all by him and it's awesome. Bonham pretty much originated 'rock' drumming, most players of his era came from a jazz background. JPJ does indeed rock, and yeah Percy is Percy...

Archived