Anyone file a claim with ebay or paypal?

Svi

• Members

If so, how'd it go and what was the process?

I bought something on ebay three weeks ago-the listing stated I had three days to return it for any reason. The item was totally misrepresented.

The seller is giving me an extremely hard time, being very, very rude, and our correspondence has went nowhere. I offered to pay for shipping back for my refund and they are refusing.

I filed a claim through paypal and am waiting for seller response. Just wondering if anyone else has went through this and the outcome.

• Moderators

The process goes on behind the scenes and I have no idea where the investigation led. I do know that my personal investigation led me to send a 15+ page letter with exhibits to the judge in the seller's bankruptcy proceeding and got me a couple of calls with that judge. I didn't get any money back, but I know the seller didn't get away with his misbehavior either. It probably would have been a better idea to refund my money and find another seller, and I gave him that option several times.

• Members

I had one filed against me when it took me 5 whopping days to ship an item. Paypal took half the funds back, out straight from my checking account, and wouldn't return it until the guy got the item and said the issue was resolved.

it was lame.

• Members

filed a claim with paypal once, for something purchased at another forum. dispute was opened, investigation was conducted. several others had bought from this person at about the same time (some as much as a year earlier) with similar results.

paypal did their thing and i had my $$ back in a couple of weeks...

YMMV.

• Members

filed a claim with paypal once, for something purchased at another forum. dispute was opened, investigation was conducted. several others had bought from this person at about the same time (some as much as a year earlier) with similar results.

paypal did their thing and i had my $$ back in a couple of weeks...

YMMV.

What did you do with the item in question? I have no problem sending it back with my own money-I just want it over with. That's what I'm wondering is how paypal is reassured the seller gets their item back.

• Members

What did you do with the item in question? I have no problem sending it back with my own money-I just want it over with. That's what I'm wondering is how paypal is reassured the seller gets their item back.

actually, i never got the item. so while i have, in fact, gone through a dispute with paypal, it isn't very similar to your situation. therefore, i am of little to no help to you in this matter, and i apologize in the most humble and subservient fashion imaginable and hereby return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

:(

:D:D

• Members

actually, i never got the item. so while i have, in fact, gone through a dispute with paypal, it isn't very similar to your situation. therefore, i am of little to no help to you in this matter, and i apologize in the most humble and subservient fashion imaginable and hereby return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

:(

:D
:D

:blah::blah::blah:

;)

Archived