So I said something that got ignored........

Funkee1

• Members
but amlost anything is easy to reggae-fy....a bunch of years back we worked out a nice rootsy version of 'Crazy Train'...really works as reggae

I used to do a stage joke (anyone caught stealing this must forfeit their basses and amps to me, unless it's Behringer.....)

When People would request Country, We'd play "I Shot the Sherriff". When they say "That wasn't Country", I'd say "Yes it was. You didn't say Which Country!!!"
:D

• Members

I think any I-IV-V can be a country song regardless of its original genre......

Yep.

Any country song can be a punk song, which can be turned into a ska song and then to a reggae song.

It really isn't much of a stretch, if it is a song played on a guitar in 4/4 it can be done in any popular western style without too much effort.

• Members

I used to do a stage joke (anyone caught stealing this must forfeit their basses and amps to me, unless it's Behringer.....)

When People would request Country, We'd play "I Shot the Sherriff". When they say "That wasn't Country", I'd say "Yes it was. You didn't say Which Country!!!"

I don't get it...

• Members

In the band Im in now, we play "Melt With You" by Modern English......some nights, after a few shots, the song will end and I'll have the drummer kick in a 2/4 blugrass and we do the song again as a bluegrass tune...Its funny as {censored} and works rather well.......Ive also been known to sing the words to "Beverly Hillbillies" to Cheap Sunglasses :D:D

• Members
In the band Im in now, we play "Melt With You" by Modern English......some nights, after a few shots, the song will end and I'll have the drummer kick in a 2/4 blugrass and we do the song again as a bluegrass tune...Its funny as {censored} and works rather well.......Ive also been known to sing the words to "Beverly Hillbillies" to Cheap Sunglasses

I used to do that as a Run/DMC rap!!!

"Yo!Yo!yo Lemme tellya little story bout a man named Jed......."

Archived