Chicago Mini-GTG-Friday, August 10 or Saturday, Aug. 11

82Daion

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Is this a good deal?

Yes. It is a classic bass amp that has earned a reputation for being a road warrior. We didn't plug it in yesterday, but I did a week ago and it was working well. It is not exactly like my Thunderfunk, but it is in the same tone realm.

• Members

This weekend was his "sell the tuba so I have money for the bass" weekend. New bass day is coming soon.

Yes. This was the weekend where money was being obtained. Chicago and California are two very different places. ;)

The money will go out early this week, and the damn bass will be here early next week. :D

I bought some strings and a cable for the power supply in Chicago, so I'll be ready for it when it hits. :thu:

• Members
I'm amused by the red-"white"-blue pattern formed by my bass and Tom's.

:D

It's kind of an 'off' white.;)

Have to say I was suprised by that Daion, it's not what I was expecting at all. Much nicer actually. That's the only Daion I've ever seen, much less played, and it is one very good bass. Not to mention it looks nearly brand new. It's hard to believe that bass is 25 years old, you obviously take great care of it. Thanks for bringing it out!:cool:

• Members
:D

That Daion is sweet! So small, and rounded, and comfy! Still can't believe it weighs like 85 pounds!

Big things come in small packages.

:freak::D

It's a pity I couldn't get some new strings on it before we got together-I put some DR Hi-Beams on it when I got back last night, and I think I've found my new favorite string. :love: Fortunately, I bought two sets, so I have one to put on the Series I as well.

We'll see what the Alembic is like-I'm expecting 12-13 pounds.

:eek:

Archived