Chicago Mini-GTG-Friday, August 10 or Saturday, Aug. 11

82Daion

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Glad to hear you all had a good time and sorry I missed it.

So who all made it?

Here's the stage for today:
crossroadsfeststage01c.jpg

I hope we have more than a handful of people. When I picked my daughter up last night from the fest, they were doing karaoke on this stage. There were maybe 15 people there. :eek:

I'm so freakin' nervous about today.
:(

• Members

Sorry about not showing up. I had a massive sushi craving that had to be met and by the time we were done it was too late.

I think this kid is going to be here sooner then later, so I'm staying put for the next few days!

Have a great show, Jeff!

• Members
It was me, 82Daion, rummy, bpocall, L-1329, bassman1956 and Brother Mango. A good time was had by all. Especially the life of the party, Brother Mango: (Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

IMG_8037.jpg

:freak:

Ha!

I have the same dishes.

• Members
Where do you go for sushi out there?

A watched pot never boils. The more prepared you are, the less likely Maggie is coming. On the other hand, if you drive down to see Jeff's gig, it is a near certainty it's baby day.
;)

There is a place called Naomi Sushi that is pretty damn good. It's right on Rand Road. There is also another place Downtown Arlington Heights that I love but very pricey.
I really have no motivation (I'm in pain) to do anything but like you said, if I do stuff, it'll happen. If I sit here all day and wait, nothing will happen. I know they say walking helps so I'll try that.

• Members

Nice turnout!

The baby must arrive before August 19. I've got SARios' gig on my "to do" list for that day.

We're convinced she'll come that exact day, just because that's the way things work.

This show is going to kick major ass. I hope you guys make it out.

• Moderators
There is a place called Naomi Sushi that is pretty damn good. It's right on Rand Road. There is also another place Downtown Arlington Heights that I love but very pricey.

I really have no motivation (I'm in pain) to do anything but like you said, if I do stuff, it'll happen. If I sit here all day and wait, nothing will happen. I know they say walking helps so I'll try that.

Even if it just down the hall or around the block, don't just sit and wait. If you wait, it will be 20 days. If you don't, it'll be tonight. :thu:

• Members

Where are all your pics, guys? :mad:

I had an awesome time meeting all of you, and playing such a wide variety of basses. Thanks for coming out-it really made my trip worth it.

Kindness definitely lives up to his username-he's a great host and a fun guy to hang out with. I didn't get to do any setup work on the Daion (not that it needed it), but we did stop by the Guitar Center near his place and found a couple deals for someone (USA Spector for $600, GK800RB for $250), and we had a great time at the Chicago Music Exchange playing basses that were worth more than my life. :D We almost walked out of there with an original '64 Thunderbird until we asked for the price ($16,500 :eek: ), and even then, we nearly left with it. :D

More proof that Chicago has the best members of HCBF, right after Ohio.

;)

Archived