Any drum machine recommendations?

Super Bass

• Members

So I was talking to my bass teacher last night and both of us agreed that it would be a good idea for me to get a drum machine.

Anyone here got one, or could recommend one? Not too expensive. I'm looking for something under $200, under $100 would be even better :thu:

• Members

Suck a bag of dicks. The Alesis has 50 preprogrammed rhythms. Is between $100-200, and meets the initial criteria.

Did you take a left at Albuquerque on the way into the thread?

actually my reading comprehension sucks, i thought he said NOT hardware based.

and YOU eat a bag of dicks!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

eat two!:mad:

• Members

Personally, I'd really recommend that you just find a decent free program and spend the $200 on something else. I've played guitar for a few years now, drums for a while, and I'm picking up a bass next week. I haven't found the need for anything more than a metronome...and even that I don't use much.

They way I look at it is that a free program that works how you want it to will give you the same practice as a $200 drum machine and work just as well - it may actually end up being easier to use.

Just my two cents. :thu:

• Members

Personally, I'd really recommend that you just find a decent free program and spend the $200 on something else. I've played guitar for a few years now, drums for a while, and
I'm picking up a bass next week.
I haven't found the need for anything more than a metronome...and even that I don't use much.

They way I look at it is that a free program that works how you want it to will give you the same practice as a $200 drum machine and work just as well - it may actually end up being easier to use.

Just my two cents.
:thu:

Your opinion is valid, and I agree that free/cheap software could be fine (it's what I use). However, as a bass player who plays a bit of guitar, I find that practicing with a drum machine is quite useful for a bassist. It's similar to a real jam session and really helps when playing lines with whole notes or stops. I particularly use it to practice playing and singing simultaneously so I can feel where in the beat voice & bass each come in.

• Members

Personally, I'd really recommend that you just find a decent free program and spend the $200 on something else. I've played guitar for a few years now, drums for a while, and I'm picking up a bass next week. I haven't found the need for anything more than a metronome...and even that I don't use much.

Just my two cents.
:thu:

I already have Acoustica Beatcraft, I need a hardware based drum machine because I can't bring the laptop and bass everywhere :D

So far I'm liking that Zoom MRT-3B and the Alesis SR-16......I'm gonna check a price on the Zoom. I have a Zoom 4 track that I'm pretty happy with the quality of.

Archived