help wanted for pickups

two_eyes

• Members

hi i need help with what to buy for my fender usa jazz bass, its bog standard and was wondering what people though would be the best pick ups to go in it.

i already have my marcus mill 4 string which is my number one bass as i love it to bits, buut i want a really distint tone and quality from the usa, so any thoughts or ideas with what can be done.

thanks very much

iain

• Members

i have just put some flat wound on it and am looing for like a deep mellow tone, prob like a real fat mellow tone that would go well doing chill out music, if that makes any sence at all, away from my marcus miller style to a own sound that would be use if doing little 2 or 3 piece gigs for cafe.

thanks very mush highly need it

iain

• Members

For deep mellow, I think it would be hard to beat Bartolini's.

For some reason I always forget about them...yet I have them on my basses! Go figure. Dark and smooth is definitely what they best. I have a Bart preamp as well and the whole package just sounds amazing.

• Members

hmm well thats sounds like some awesome ideas, i might have to look into tha Barts and see how much they would set me back here in Aus and what the go would be, cheers boys

which one i think i would go the 9CBJD?? if im correct would prob be better ones for me?? im lost in this type of thing i just know wat i like the sound of and dont know how to get it, thanks very much

iain

Archived