OT: sports

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

Am I the only one, who sucks at pretty much every sport, but loves to play them?

No...... I used to be a pretty good basketball player, but I suck at every other sport.

I come from a family of bowlers, and am the only one NEVER to have bowled a 300. In fact, I only broke 200 twice, and I nhave been bowling since age 8.

• Members

No...... I used to be a pretty good basketball player, but I suck at every other sport.

I come from a family of bowlers, and am the only one NEVER to have bowled a 300. In fact, I only broke 200 twice, and I nhave been bowling since age 8.

I've broken 100 2 times, but yet I keep going.

Now that I look at it, music applies in the same way to me.

• Members

I'm mediocre to decent at most sports. Partly because I'm somewhat coordinated and in good shape. The frustration is that being mediocre at everything, I'm not great at anything. :mad:

I did play collegiate golf, but I wasn't very good during the season. (I'd burn up the course all summer then by the time fall season came around, I was sick of it; plus, I had to focus on the Engineering degree...which, you have to really work at to even embrace mediocrity.)

• Members

I'm a very athletic person. Any sport, I'm good to go! :mad:

Random anecdote: In high school I had stopped playing all sports, had long hair, and looked like some crazy metalhead. I hated the football coach for the school and he happened to be teaching my Gym period so I did as little as possible in class to just piss him off. It worked. Towards the end of the year we started playing baseball and I really didn't do much but talk to chicks but sadly the teacher caught on and forced me to bat. Everyone was under the impression that I was terrible at sports because I didn't really do anything in that class and avoided batting for awhile.

I get up to the plate and try to be as nonchalant as possible and I could see everyone moving in in the outfield. The teacher (who was pitching) tossed the slowest pitch I had ever seen, so I slip into batting form and crush the ball all the way across the field. The thing had gone so far that I could just walk around the bases. No one knew that I had been playing baseball six year prior to high school. :D

• Members

I used to be very good at tennis & football. Average baseball player. Pretty much terrible at everything else.

Note: I don't consider games that can be played by non-athletes to be sports, i.e., games like golf, bowling, billiards, ping pong, darts, etc.

• Members

Note: I don't consider games that can be played by non-athletes to be sports, i.e., games like golf, bowling, billiards, ping pong, darts, etc.

What about Skateboarding, Street luging, motorsports etc?

• Members

I played Basketball and Soccer through highschool and then when I could not keep up with the younger guys playing adult league indoor soccer, I had to turn to a more laid back sport... Adult Co-Ed softball... I was okay at that until last October when I snapped my achilles tendon leaving the batters box... Pretty much put an end to my "sports"...

• Members

I used to be awsome at baseball, and was decent at lacrosse. The rest I wasnt great at because I dont have a lot of size. I like to box/do martial arts and I have pretty fast hands/feet. It just seems like us Koreans dont do that well in sports that require lots of strength. I guess thats why you dont see many korean football players.

Archived