OT: Not smoking - Lungs feel bad

PaulyWally

• Members

I felt a slight improvement the first couple of days after quitting, but nothing too huge. After a week or so, you should be able to easily tell the difference in lung capabilities.

If you want to speed things up you could always take up running. That'll get you coughing out lung spooge in no time.

• Members

Totally normal. I've been told by my doctor that this is the little hairs inside your lungs growing back. I think they're called cillia (sillia sp?). It goes away after a few days/weeks.

I quit in march and had the same problem. Good Luck!!

• Members

If you want to speed things up you could always take up running. That'll get you coughing out lung spooge in no time.

I did that. It was a little hard the first few runs, but after that I was fine. Then I just started getting better and better.

Before I went into the Marines, we had to do weekly PT with the recruiters...and running was a big part of that. I was the only poolie that ever passed out my recruiter in a run. He made a big deal about it afterwards. It was pretty cool. I was never fast, but I set a very high pace and could do long distances for a sustained period of time...

• Members

For all you quitters, is this normal? I haven't had a cigarette in almost two days, and my chest/lungs don't feel too great.

The last time I tried to quit, I went a few days, and I think I had the same issues.

Absolutely!

It does hurt, in more ways than one. You just have to get through it. Remember it's temporary and it will pass.

It has now been 12 years since I stopped.

I love a big fat Arturo Fuente once in a while though. :D

I still have the urge to have a cig now and then but it is easier to ignore.

• Members

I smoked for 9 years, what a mess, quiting was the hardest thing I've ever done, but jsut wait unti about a week or so into it, walking becomes physically easier. not just from the breathing side of it, it is easier to move your extremeties... I still enjoy a stogey ever once and again, but I can't do that if I've got to sing within 5 days of doing it, I have no idea how I sang and smoked before......

• Members

Good for you. I'm trying to quit as well, although I've tried before but only lasted about a week or so, and yes, my lungs hurt a little when I tried before, they didn't this time though, although the most I was smoiking was about four or five a day, but no more for me. I haven't had one since sunday morning, and I'm going to stick with it, no matter how much I want one.

Here's to something worth quitting. :wave:

Archived