can a 6'er...............

kingofthestring

• Members

A 6'er can get you a little drunk. Two of them can get you pretty well faded. :thu:

Anyone who plays a 6 string bass is a wanker! :D:p

I'll restate...

Anyone who can play a 6 string bass and use all of the strings is probably more technically competent than me.

I'll restate again...

Anyone who can play a 4 string bass and use an of the strings is probably more technically competent than me.

[/dork]

• Members

Your first post is still baffling. What is a lower octave string?

Yo.

wtflol.gif are you talking about a lower octave string?

I did not say any thing like that in my first reply. :freak:

the B string would be tuned an octave lower in relation with....OH never {censored}in mind nutkick.gif

, just pretend I was never here ghostsmiley.gif

• Members

That makes *no* sense. Can you show me where to find E# on a bass fingerboard - or for that matter any other musical instrument?

:rolleyes:

:D

It makes sense because, if your a bassist who's not used to the guitar tuning, you expect all of your strings to be spaced a perfect fourth apart, as opposed to on the guitar, where the space between the G and B strings is only a major third. So in that tuning, instead of the G being followed by B (maj 3rd) it's followed, as a non-guitar playing bassist would expect, by a C (per. 4th). And then the E# (F) is a perfect fourth higher than the C.

If you want to approximate guitar tuning with a six string, what you could do is leave the low B, and tune the instrument BEADGB. That way you still have that G-B interval you'd expect on the guitar. You'd have no high E string (don't know why you'd really need it on a bass), but you'd still get to keep the low B. If you really do want the stupid high E, I'd put on a four string bass's strings on the lowest four slots (I wouldn't put a low B string on there, it would be really tight because of its thickness) and then I'd put some wound guitar strings in for the B and E strings. Experiment with different string guages for those two until you find something you like. Bass guitar 4th strings are around 55 guage, so maybe try a light low E string and A string from an electric guitar to be the B and E.

• Members

That makes *no* sense. Can you show me where to find E# on a bass fingerboard - or for that matter any other musical instrument?

:rolleyes:

:D

Wow. Yeah, I was drunk when I posted that. I mean, yeah E# exists. It's in the C#major scale, but yeah, maybe I should have said F.

Archived