OT: Any pharmacists on this board?????

Funkee1

• Members

best thing to do is ask your doctor not a bunch of idiots ( no offense) on a web forum......

I used to have really bad allergies and medications didnt help much. I do not take anything anymore and rarely have any problems....

I think the Pills make it worse, but then I am a conspiracy theorist by nature or paranoid...not sure which

:)

• Members

Are you on Allegra, or Allegra D?

Allegra D already has sudafed in it. Yes, you can take Sudafed with regular Allegra. Also, the sudafed on the shelf has changed. If you want the original sudafed you have to purchase it at the actual pharmacy-not on the shelf. The stuff on the shelf is reformulated due to the growing meth problem.

I'm not a pharmacist but I worked in a pharmacy for a few years.

• Members

best thing to do is ask your doctor not a bunch of idiots ( no offense) on a web forum......

I used to have really bad allergies and medications didnt help much. I do not take anything anymore and rarely have any problems....

I think the Pills make it worse, but then I am a conspiracy theorist by nature or paranoid...not sure which

:)

I thought we covered this with the whole Hydrochloric acid thing.

• Members

Well, the advice nurse says you can take those two together, but sudafed is a decongestant, and I'm not congested.

i could take Benadryl, but it's an anti-histamine, like Allegra, so they say suffer, and call my doc manana.......

• Members

svi has it right. allegra in it's own right is an antihistamine, with no decongestant - meaning, you could take allegra and sudafed at the same time for nasal congestion. however, allegra+benadryl is a train wreck waiting to happen. allegra-d, however, already contains between 60-120 mg of the same ingredient as sudafed, so unless you feel like having 3 simultaneous heart attacks, don't take it with additional sudafed.

from your local friendly ENT doc.

• CMS Author

Go see an ENT and find out if allergy shots would be a good long-term solution. I was miserable a couple years ago....sore throat that apparently looked like raw meat and chronic cough due to post-nasal drip, occasional bouts of laryngitis, tired most of the time, snored all the time. I went through the testing and got the shots, and have been completely symptom-free for a year. Yes, it's a PIA to have to stop by your Dr for the shots once a week, but after several months it tapers to every two weeks, then one a month. And being symptom free: Priceless.

Archived