Idol bass gig review....

mrmatt64

• Members

Pretty much one word sums it all up......BOOOORRRING!!!!!

Got to the Schottenstein Center about noon on Saturday (spposed to get there @ noon), waited around until 2:30 until someone showed up. It was the stage mgr. for the main event. He knew nothing about the openers (I was playing bass for the local idols, who opened the show for the American Idol Top 10), so I waited another 45 minutes until someone showed up who knew what was going on with our gig. The other musicians showed up shortly after (I guess I'm the only one who didn't get the notice to show up @ 3:30). We did a 15 minute practice through tunes that made me want to puke, then another waiting period until we went on stage about 6:45 p.m. I left and hung out at Wendy's on campus until 6:00. When I returned, they moved out timeslot back to 7:10 so more waiting. The gig went well, only got paid $165 for the day, pretty crappy considering the amount of time I spent there. I didn't stick around for the American Idols concert-I was glad to get the hell out of there. I stopped in a small club to see a friend's band play on the way home, got up to play 2 songs and had a blast!!! Made up for the rest of the day! Well, the alcohol could have helped with that;)

Mr. Matt

• Members

Not sure of all their names, but this year they didn't do the top 3 local winners (the Gimme the mic Columbus winners), they had at least 7 of them sing so I'm figuring they invited all who won during the season. Some sang together (very badly though) and others did solo tunes. I didn't get names for most of them, but there was this one blonde with a mini-skirt and black boots. She had the nicest set of legs ever put on a woman IMO. I, of course was old enough to be her dad though so I felt like an old fart all night (which I am):cry:

:D

Mr. Matt

• Members

Pretty much one word sums it all up......BOOOORRRING!!!!!....Mr. Matt

Yeah that sounds like a real boring day alright....

At least you have it on your resume - that can't hurt anything....

I spent about the same amount of time on my wedding gig....thanks for the report....c-d

• Members

Charles was the Winner of Week 1, and I think he came in 2nd place in the finale. I jammed with the band he's trying to put together a couple times before I decided I didn't have the time for two bands...

http://www.wsyx6.com/sections/contests/gimme/contestants.shtml

Not sure if he was there, unless he shaved his head (lol). I think I saw the blonde that I was talking about-man, a high school student, no wonder I felt like grampa all night!!:D

Mr. Matt

• Members
Not sure if he was there, unless he shaved his head (lol). I think I saw the blonde that I was talking about-man, a high school student, no wonder I felt like grampa all night!!
:D

Mr. Matt

Next time they call you, send me. I like that kind of boring!!!The Blonde in the Miniskirt was probably Haley Scarnato........haleyscarnato3.jpg

Archived