amp recommendations

angus.mowery

• Members

i recently got a dean edge q5 for a pretty price off of craigslist and i am looking to get a decent low-wattage amp to go with it. i live in an apartment building, so unfortunately i cant play at deafening volume. any recommendations or advice would be greately appreciated.

• Members

For a low B, I'd look into 12's. If you're not going to be playing super loud, a 10 will handle it just fine as well...but the 12 will add a little extra. Unfortunately, I'm kinda the wrong guy to reply, because I don't know jack about small practice amps. However, my advice to you would be the same...

Head to the store with your bass and try out as many amps in your budget as you can. Go to multiple stores if possible. Pick out what you like. Used stuff will be your friend as well...since you can get something better for cheaper...

• Members

Used Peavey Minx110 would be good choice. Especially nice with processor of choice in front of it. Myself has switched to just useing KRK powered monitor pair for all apt playing. Better air movement amount and hifi sound for small places. Much easier to get comprable to nice small home stereo level of sound & very nice upper hifi sound qaulity at same time so isnt haveing to mess with the little bass combos still project sound to easy into neighbors space syndrome.

Archived