The money's on the way.

82Daion

• Members

For the Alembic listed in your sig?
:confused:

Si.

I'm going to be a little twitchy the next couple days, as I've never paid that much money for anything before, and the way I did it was a little more stressful than doing it electronically.

• Members

You've all seen it, but here's some more pics.

To help with the waiting...;)

seriesfrontflsh.jpg

frntalt.jpg

seriesback.jpg

peghead.jpg

Specs-

Series I 4-string

34" scale, 1.75" nut

Lacewood top

Maple body

Peroba Rosa back

Ebony FB

Zebrawood peghead

Maple/Walnut neck

• Members

So I must be retarded, but I don't know anything about Alembics except that they are supposed to be cool.

What makes them so special? Fancy looking wood? Ugly shape?

The pickups and the electronics. The ugly shape is just the icing on the cake.

Go listen to some Stanley Clark. That is the Alembic sound(well, an alembic sound)

:thu:

• Members

So I must be retarded, but I don't know anything about Alembics except that they are supposed to be cool.

What makes them so special? Fancy looking wood? Ugly shape?

It's not ugly. :mad:

Like Justin said, it's mostly in the electronics.

Also, you can see that the bridge is set into a block of brass, which makes it sound and sustain in a very piano-like manner. The nut is also brass.

• Members

Where is it coming from? My old bass player had one very similar. His had a 2 output power supply/preamp that was outboard to the guitar. He had an amp with high and low freq. inputs to take advantage of it!
:thu:

It's coming from California, Ventura to be exact.

I wish I could run it in stereo, but I don't have the equipment right now-fortunately, the outboard power supply has a mono out.

You can also run them off batteries, but they only last about a month.

• Members

How much time?

The check has to clear before the bass ships, but I don't know why the seller's worried about it clearing, as I paid with a certified check, so it's guaranteed not to bounce.

It'll probably go out today or Friday and be here by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, at the latest.

• Members

Shipping out Thursday. :mad:

The check took somewhat more time to clear than predicted, but it should be here...early next week. :rolleyes:

The seller also included a "top-of-the-line" Reunion Blues bag for it, so that's money that I don't have to spend. :thu:

Archived