T. Alan Smith to the sticky, bile smelling courtsey phone please

ivanthetrble

• Members

Tell me about your little Markbass amp pour favor. Likes, dislikes, volume, etc. Did you also look at the little Eden amp? The iAmp micro? Nice looking little rig.
:thu:

PS - yes, I know I spelled "courtesy" wrong but now I can't go back and change it.
:mad:

Thanks. :)

The iAmp wasn't released yet. I did, however, get to spend plenty of quality time with the Eden and it was very nice. For the same price as my MB LMII, it was half the power and came with Eden's outstanding CS :D to boot...so, LMII it was. :lol:

There's not a whole lotta character to this head. That said, it doesn't get in the way of your bass's character(or cab's character, for that matter). So, it fills that want. In the future, I hope to add an amp with lotsa character for contrast. Otherwise, for my coffee house/mini rig, the size & weight really fit the bill. The bang for buck(power/cost) sealed the deal for me.

I played it thru a Peavey 2x10 + 1x15 short stack, the 2x10 alone and Catphish's old SWR SOB cab, and it screamed! :cool: I can't wait to add a matching Berie cab. Right now, it's putting out 300W into the single 12 Berg, and many here who have played thru it will attest that it's plenty loud as is. :)

• Members

Cool, thanks! I get the feeling that he iAmp micro also adds very little color to the tone. I like the Eden tone but with recent events with Eden CS I must say that I am more than a little reluctant to consider that amp.

No kiddin'. I would hold off just a bit to see how reliability plays out on the iAmp. Isnt' it 250W like the Eden? I gotta say, the headroom on the LMII is sweet.

iAmp heads aren't exactly known for their color, but the ones I've played thru have been really nice. I'd like to try out an iAmp of similar wattage next to my LMII. I got to do that with the Thunderfunk and liked what the Thunderfunk was giving me sound-wise better.

Also, check out the Genz Benz micro head. I was really impressed with T-Broom's. Again, gotta A/B it with my LMII someday.

• Members

I have the Little Mark II as well and totally agree with the above post.

I do love this amp set flat and just using the VLE and VLP as tone controls.

Using my EBMM Sterling and MArcus Miller Sig J is literally night and day through this thing, so if you're looking for something that will let everything else shine that you have including your own playing, this is the beast for you.

Not to mention it is loud as hell and it is light!

• Members

I played one of these last week after Inazone told me how much he digs his. I was pretty impressed. Nice head.

I just bought a Superfly (can't beat the $250 tag on it) that will be here tomorrow. If I dont' like it i'll keep it for a DI and probably buy the Little Mark II.

• Members

I played one of these last week after Inazone told me how much he digs his. I was pretty impressed. Nice head.

I just bought a Superfly (can't beat the $250 tag on it) that will be here tomorrow. If I dont' like it i'll keep it for a DI and probably buy the Little Mark II.

Here we go again...!:D

Archived