SansAmp DI vs. SansAmp RBI

skatalite

• Members

This is becoming the most difficult decision for me.

I currently have a DI, but everything else has been moved into rack units, so it'd be the only pedal I have left. I don't particularly like the fact it lacks mid control, but I've dealt with it for more than a year.

The RBI seems more fitting, for the fact that it's got mid control and is rackmountable. But it's got that $330 tag.

I could probably sell my DI locally for about $140ish. I can probably find a used RBI for around $220 (one recently sold for that much). If I can bridge that gap rather well, think it's a solid change?

Vote and persuade me.

• Members

now that i think about it, you're just trying to expose the fools of the forum:freak:

:wave:

:p

I'm not smart enough to pull a stunt like that.

The DI is pretty much a pedal version of the RBI, and a lot of people use it in live settings.

• Members

This is becoming the most difficult decision for me.

I currently have a DI, but everything else has been moved into rack units, so it'd be the only pedal I have left. I don't particularly like the fact it lacks mid control, but I've dealt with it for more than a year.

The RBI seems more fitting, for the fact that it's got mid control and is rackmountable. But it's got that $330 tag.

I could probably sell my DI locally for about $140ish. I can probably find a used RBI for around $220 (one recently sold for that much). If I can bridge that gap rather well, think it's a solid change?

Vote and persuade me.

Is this for a live set up or recording? reason I ask if it's for recording don't waste your money go with a decent bass with new strings a GT brick DI the Sansamp IMO sucks compared to a GT brick DI for recording applications. Sansamp= wannabe like a tube DI:p a GT Brick a real tube DI.:cool:

• Members

Is this for a live set up or recording? reason I ask if it's for recording don't waste your money go with a decent bass with new strings a GT brick DI the Sansamp IMO sucks compared to a GT brick DI for recording applications. Sansamp= wannabe like a tube DI:p a GT Brick a real tube DI.
:cool:

Strictly for live use. I've tried the Sans DI with recording and didn't like it.

• Members

I had the pedal and right at five years it {censored} out, go figure..........
:rolleyes:
Best thing for me really, I actually had to use my amp to dial my tone and not the pedal. Helped my ears too..

I know you're not a huge fan, if at all, about SansAmps, as I've seen in other responses from you. I just really like them, but am wondering if the "upgrade" is worth it.

• Members

I'm just saying I used it to much as a crutch and not my amp for my tone. Why have a tube amp(pre) and run a tube amp simulator?? Makes no sense to me.

It was redundant for me to have it.

I'd def. pair the RBI with a power-amp and be cool with it!

I would get the rack RBI with the mid switch.

• Members

I'm just saying I used it to much as a crutch and not my amp for my tone. Why have a tube amp(pre) and run a tube amp simulator?? Makes no sense to me.

It was redundant for me to have it.

I'd def. pair the RBI with a power-amp and be cool with it!

I would get the rack RBI with the mid switch.

Totally. I don't have a tube pre, though, which would be saweet; but I know/see/understand where you're coming from.

I just wish I could find a cheap Sunn 300T :p

Archived