John Prine?

chunky-b

• Members

So the girlfriend talks me into taking her to see John Prine in a couple of weeks. I have heard of him, but just not real familiar with his body of work. I guess he is kind of a folk acoustic guitar kind of guy?

Can anyone recomend some of his stuff so I can listen to some ahead of time so I am not totally lost?

Thanks.

• Members

I'm listening to John Prine at this very moment, actually. I absolutely love him, and his self-titled debut album is probably among my top 10 albums of all time. It may be hard to find (maybe), but look for that one. Also, his Live On Tour album is great. Besides those, I guess I haven't heard any other stuff by him.

Give him a few listens, you really really won't regret it. It's unbelievable to me to think that he released his self-titled album when he was in his early 20's.

Listenin' to "Jesus The Missing Years" from the live album right now.

• Members

Find a copy of "In Spite Of Ourselves". Its a duet of John Prine with Iris Dement and the song is hilarious

Also MUSIC TRIVIA; The Goo Goo Doll's hit single "Iris" was named after Iris Dement. John Reznik had written the song and didnt have a title. He saw her name somewhere and thought that would be a good title for the song

• 10 months later...

Archived