Build a Counter Strike map, get expelled...

zachoff

• Members

That's bull.

The kid did nothing that threatened the school or anyone in it.

It's a {censored}ing fictional video game, where you fictionally shoot stuff and all that, it's not like he got a bunch of terrorists and went into the school with his swords and tried to do that in real life.

• Members

All I know is, when I was in high school I would have thought it was awesome to have a video game where I got to wander through my school and fight aliens or whatever it is you do in Counterstrike. And when the powers that be decided having that game combined with me owning a gun (at that point I had a .410 shotgun that my Dad gave me) made me a terrorist thread I'd have been pretty upset about it.

• Members

That's bull.

The kid did nothing that threatened the school or anyone in it.

It's a {censored}ing fictional video game, where you fictionally shoot stuff and all that, it's not like he got a bunch of terrorists and went into the school with his swords and tried to do that in real life.

+1

• Members

OK, let me rephrase that:

The high school senior, possibly even the legal age of 18, had the brains to create a virtual world featuring a portion of his school. While that's not bad in and of itself, when a player's purpose is to shoot other people in that virtual world, one would think he would have enough sense to know he could get in a lot of trouble for it.

I take it you've never played CS. The purpose is not to shoot other people. There are several objectives. One whole side are counter-terrorists....they go out of their way to protect and rescue hostages from the "bad guys" or defuse bombs. Yes, you can play a bad guy, but you can play the good guy too. Who is to say that this kid was playing the bad guys or the good guys?

Seriously, this knee-jerk reaction everyone falls into has got to stop. These are not "murder simulators" like some people claim they are.

Archived