New bass!!!

Derek5272

• Members

Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray (4 string), 3EQ, maple neck, candy red with white pickguard. Will post pics later on tonight, just got home with it 10 minutes ago, and I need to leave for work in 10. But... Damn. I'm happier than a pig in mud right now. Mud made of joy and the laughter of young children.

• Members

Sorry this took so long, I was only home from work long enough to change before heading to the pub. Also, I apologize greatly for the picture quality. My digital camera's batteries died, and for all the power cords I have around my room for crap I don't use, I don't have one for that!

So while the batteries are charging, I took a picture with my webcam to prove the bass does indeed exist. I'll try to get up early tomorrow to take a better picture before I go to work.

And The Insomniac... The answer to that question would depend entirely on what Derek you think I am!

• Members

Sorry you guys had to put up with that crappy one. Here's a much better picture.

And I think I remember people thinking I was another Derek when I first started coming to these boards... And the deciding factor that I wasn't him was my spelling and grammar then, too. :p

And georgestrings, as the company was originally started by Leo Fender, you wouldn't be too much of a traitor if you owned one!

• Members

And georgestrings, as the company was originally started by Leo Fender, you wouldn't be too much of a traitor if you owned one!

Oh, I don't care about that - I just really like Fender/Squier basses... I've played a few Rays before, IMO they're very, VERY nice - when I'm a bit more affluent, I'll probably own one, and another Gibson bass, too.... For now, my $$$ has to go towards other "needs" - a Senn 172, for example - then a GBE750, then into my PA...

- georgestrings

• Members

Smokin' bass!

I've always liked those maple MM's. Not sure why I haven't bought one yet.

(goes to find new girl to date to break up with to justify new bass purchase) ;)

• Members

Oh, I don't care about that - I just really like Fender/Squier basses... I've played a few Rays before, IMO they're very, VERY nice - when I'm a bit more affluent, I'll probably own one, and another Gibson bass, too.... For now, my $$$ has to go towards other "needs" - a Senn 172, for example - then a GBE750, then into my PA...

- georgestrings

For a second I thought you were going to commit blasphemy and state your needs as food and mortgage/rent or something like that. I've been limiting myself lately on how much food/drinks I let myself buy so I could afford this baby better :-) Still haven't quite decided if I'm good enough to deserve it, but... I wanted it anyway :-)

Archived