Look what my damn cat just did

Optimus Prime

• Members

That cat has never bit or scratched anyone, ever. I try to go pick her up and the bitch scratches me. I'm pissed
:mad:
. It's not that it hurts it's just that now it looks like I cut myself:freak:.

sspx0083du7.jpg

Cat scratch fever duh duh duh!

Cat scratch fever duh duh duh duh !! :cool: :cool:

Careful, you may need an amputation.

• Members

i have scratches all over me from playing with my cats and dogs......if they really get rough I nail em with my squirt gun.........i also use the squirt gun on song birds. I shoot them through the screen while their feeding at one of the bird feeders.....they love it.....the squit turns into a mist when it hits the screen.....in hot weather they line up to get a shot of the cool mist........try it

• Members

The cat's might be in pain. A cat I used to own (10 years) scratched me only once after I picked her up. Found out she had cancer eating away her stomach so I'm sure I must have hit that spot picking her up.

Mr. Matt

+1

Get the cat checked out ASAP!

• Members

I play rough with my cats, the youngest, Leela, sometimes gets me good, but they're just scratches and she's just playing. She doesn't understand how fricken sharp her claws are.

But when she broke her leg, she got it caught in a dresser drawer when she was trying to jump up on it and it snapped her front leg, she was screaming like you wouldn't believe and my wife just jumped up in the dark and ran over to her and pulled her out...well she left 4 fang marks on my wife's arm, punctured right though the skin and there was blood everywhere. Leela was in incredible pain and she did the only thing she could think of. My wife got her out, Leela is still moaning and hissing and hurting, wife never dropped her to her credit.

Now, here's the kicker. My wife had to go to the doctor and get antibiotic shots and pills because cat bites are notorious for causing very serious infections. Don't believe me? Look it up. The doctor said that about 75% of all serious cat-bites get infected...sometimes putting people in the hospital.

Now, I've never gotten sick from us playing and she sometimes scratches deep enough to where blood will form like the picture above. But she's never bitten me like she did my wife. This was 3 months ago or so and the fang-marks are still there.

Just a FYI

• Members

The cat's might be in pain. A cat I used to own (10 years) scratched me only once after I picked her up. Found out she had cancer eating away her stomach so I'm sure I must have hit that spot picking her up.

Mr. Matt

Yup, that's what I was thinking. S/he might be in pain of some sort.

• Members

You can use fingernail clippers and take the sharp edges off your cat's claws. I do this with my cats and they behave rather well while I'm clipping them. Make sure you are just cutting off the sharp points and not cutting up where their flesh is.

I cut my dog's nails once... Once. *shudder*

Archived