Price at which to sell

Jim-Bass

• Members

I have an MIM Jazz which has had Bartolinis put in and a Badass II bridge.

Unfortunately I might have to sell it - I don't want to, but I really need the money. I have my Rickenbacker to help me through the pain of losing it, but I'm trying to work out a good price.

By putting in the Barts and Badass, how much value do you think has been added. Keep in mind the bass is in 'as new' condition, pristine. An MIM suffers from the 'MIM' tag, but do you think the mod work is enough to make it stand out from the 'MIM' tag. (Don't get me wrong - MIM's are ok - it's just a perception people have)

I spent a few dollars to buy the parts and have them installed. I want to put it up at a price above what I paid for it, but if I just add the cost of all the mod it will look a bit high. I'm thinking more around a price that reflects the new condition and one better than the original.

Just looking for feedback ...if I do sell, I want to be able to justify the asking price without saying 'that's how much I want'. I do believe this is what it's worth, but it would help to know that my kindred Bass players consider that I've added ?% value.

I'm not going to say the figures because here in Australia we pay a small fortune for Fender ...even MIM. And we always will unless Fender decides to make them in China ( and I hope to God that never happens). ...really,a new MIM Standard Jazz retails at almost AUD$1200 ....that's US$960....you can find them for a little less

• Members

yes, the leftie aspect is a good selling point, but then again it can take ages...there has to be a left hander who wants a bass and prepared to pay what I want. I've actually listed it once already to gauge interest but not even 1 watcher..

Archived