OT: Pulp Fiction

baracuda2004

• Members

So what's in the briefcase??

/stolen from some random internet guy/

The story goes that when the Devil takes a person's soul, it is removed through the back of the head. When we see the back of Marcellus's head he has a Band-Aid covering the precise spot indicated by tradition for soul removal. Perhaps Marcellus sold his soul to the devil which would also explain why the combination to open the briefcase is 666.

This is the most interesting answer i've seen so far for this question and adds another hint of depth to the movie that makes me like it more and more with every viewing.:snax:

And man do I love this speech by ''Jules''..

Ezekiel 25:17: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

After this, my 17th or 18th viewing i'm still not tired of this movie.

• Members

Tarantino himself stated that originally, it was to contain the diamond loot from Reservoir Dogs, but that changed before filming. He says that it contains "What the viewer wants it to contain"

It really was a light-bulb and some tinfoil though. :D

• Members

Tarantino himself stated that originally, it was to contain the diamond loot from Reservoir Dogs, but that changed before filming. He says that it contains "What the viewer wants it to contain"

It really was a light-bulb and some tinfoil though.
:D

Yeah I read that as well, but the other answer about Marcellus's soul is just the most interesting one i've heard.

• Members

Yeah I read that as well, but the other answer about Marcellus's soul is just the most interesting one i've heard.

Interesting, but not intended by Tarantino. I really like that movie as well, one of my favourites! I think I'm gonna watch Grindhouse when I get back home tonight. :D

• Members

/

This is the most interesting answer i've seen so far for this question and adds another hint of depth to the movie that makes me like it more and more with every viewing.
:snax:

And man do I love this speech by ''Jules''..

After this, my 17th or 18th viewing i'm still not tired of this movie.

the theroy is that it was Marcellus' soul that was in the brief case.

I love this line

samuel jackson-

as jules

Jules: What does Marcellus Wallace look like?

Brett: What?

Jules: What country you from?

Jules: What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?

Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHER{censored}er! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

Brett: Yes!

Jules: Then you know what I'm saying!

Brett: Yes!

Jules: Describe what Marcellus Wallace looks like!

Brett: What, I-?

Jules: [pointing his gun] Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, mother {censored}er. Say what one more goddamn time.

Brett: He's b-b-black...

Jules: Go on.

Brett: He's bald...

Jules: Does he look like a bitch?

[Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]

Jules: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Brett: No!

Jules: Then why you try to {censored} him like a bitch, Brett?

Brett: I didn't.

Jules: Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett. You tried to f*ck him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be {censored}ed by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.

• Members

The stuff dreams are made of.....oh wait.....wrong movie.

I think he stole the glowing briefcase idea from
. In that film there's a satchel with glowing radioactive contents that the viewer never sees

Didn't "Repo Man" have a similar theme? (Or was it "Eraserhead"?) Never saw all of either, always get the two confused, but I remember there being some sort of weird plot element like that in one of them.

• Members

Jules: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Brett: No!

Jules: Then why you try to {censored} him like a bitch, Brett?

Brett: I didn't.

Jules: Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett. You tried to f*ck him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be {censored}ed by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.

I think this is a funnier version of it.. from "The Boondocks"

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Df3x8Ufc0

Archived