OT: Jarhead!

Funkee1

• Members

I bought this movie on one of my cutout bin raids. I wanted to see it in theaters, but missed it somehow.

Anyway, It's a pretty good movie, in the line of Platoon or Full Metal Jacket (It's not as good as those, though.....)

But I swear, It's as long as the Gulf War itself. I think I've been watching it since 9-11-2002!!!!

Ok........maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's a long F**kin movie!!!

• Members

I bought this movie on one of my cutout bin raids. I wanted to see it in theaters, but missed it somehow.

Anyway, It's a pretty good movie, in the line of Platoon or Full Metal Jacket (It's not as good as those, though.....)

But I swear, It's as long as the Gulf War itself. I think I've been watching it since 9-11-2002!!!!

Ok........maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's a long F**kin movie!!!

its way better than platoon but not as good as full metal jacket.

• Members

I really liked the ending.. A lot of people I know really bitched about the ending, but for me it was 'yeah, but thats the whole point' (I'm trying not to say anything for people who haven't seen it)..

And the night time oil field scenes.. {censored}in trippy..

• Members
I really liked the ending.. A lot of people I know really bitched about the ending, but for me it was 'yeah, but thats the whole point' (I'm trying not to say anything for people who haven't seen it)..

And the night time oil field scenes.. {censored}in trippy..

I liked how they trained and trained, but when they actually got into combat, they were horrendously unprepared, and none of their stuff worked.

• Members

its way better than platoon but not as good as full metal jacket.

I think it's better than Full Metal Jacket but it doesn't touch Platoon. Platoon is the best.

"You see that {censored}ing head come apart, man? I ain't never seen brains like that before, man."

- Bunny AKA Johnny Drama

• Members

Being a former Marine who trained with the scout/snipers and having other non-coms above me that talked about Gulf War I, I found that movie to be VERY accurate of the experiences one would have had being over there in those types of combat roles.

"Getting screwed by the big green wienie again"

• Members

Being a former Marine who trained with the scout/snipers and having other non-coms above me that talked about Gulf War I, I found that movie to be VERY accurate of the experiences one would have had being over there in those types of combat roles.

"Getting screwed by the big green wienie again"

Based on the above .......................I think I'll give it a go!

Thanks mang!

PD

• Members

I was sick with the flu at my girlfriends house about 2 weeks ago and spent the better part of the week medicated and watching tv during the day while in and out of conciousness. I ended up watching this while laying on the couch one day and thought it was a decent movie.

Archived