Ibanez LU-20 tuner for bass?

johnbegone

• Members

Hey, I'm looking to get a tuner pedal pretty quickly here in the next couple of days and have been doing a lot of research. I have a guitar rig and a bass rig, but I'm going to try and let them share a pedalboard, so I need to a pedal tuner that is going to track well with bass.

This Ibanez tuner is very intriguing with the "true bypass" (every reviewer says they hear no tone loss) and the $39 price tag. It's so new though that I haven't seen any reviews from a bass player. Does anyone use this? Let me know your thoughts.

You can also chime in about other tuners if you'd like. I used a Korg rackmount for a long time, so the DT-10 is a definitely possibility. I'd like to avoid the TU-2 if possible. I also looked at the Planet Waves and the Arion. Seems like all of them do the job for guitar, but like I said, I need to swing both ways ;)

• Members

I can't find a manual online. I heard back from a fellow forumite who said his bassist has one and it just has a little problem with the low E, but that it works well with the 12th fret harmonic. Which is what I have to do with my rackmount tuner a lot anyway, so that's no biggie. I think I'll go ahead and get one, if anyone else wants to chime in here, be my guest. Thanks!

Archived