Randy Rhoads

Trauma_Luna

• Members

Yes, but wasn't he only on two albums? A few obscure albums when he was with Quiet Riot that were released in Japan, but mainly all his fame and glory came from the first two Ozzy Osborne albums right? Combined that's only 17 songs really.

I've been hearing how he was the greatest guitarist of all time since the day he died. I mean, a few weeks after he died people were coming out of the woodwork proclaiming how great he was....all from listening to just 17 songs?

Now, if he had put out 17 ALBUMS worth of material and people were proclaiming how great he was then I would think it would carry more weight. But we'll never know.

He was good though...for the little we have left to listen to.

• Members

I had the pleasure of catching him live on the Blizzard of Oz tour, and he truly was phenominal - he combined shredding with a melodic sense of playing that has rarely been matched... About the only bad thing I can say is that the way he died was pretty retarded...

- georgestrings

• Members

A very good friend of mine was Zack Wylde's guitar tech for many years while he was with Ozzy. The true story, which I don't think I am in a position to tell as to really why the plane that Randy was on crashed, is absoluely mind boggling. It should have never happened. One of the unfortunate things that never came about, was the classical album that he was working on at the time of his death. Man I would have loved to have heard that.

• Members

Yes, but wasn't he only on two albums? A few obscure albums when he was with Quiet Riot that were released in Japan, but mainly all his fame and glory came from the first two Ozzy Osborne albums right? Combined that's only 17 songs really.

I've been hearing how he was the greatest guitarist of all time since the day he died. I mean, a few weeks after he died people were coming out of the woodwork proclaiming how great he was....all from listening to just 17 songs?

Now, if he had put out 17 ALBUMS worth of material and people were proclaiming how great he was then I would think it would carry more weight. But we'll never know.

He was good though...for the little we have left to listen to.

Thank you for explaining to us how incedibly awesome he was. Your right, it only took 17 songs for the world to tell that he was one of the best of all time. Frankly, I think he would have only needed about 4 or 5 songs to achieve this.

• Members

Well since the first Quiet Riot album came out BEFORE the first Van Halen album, that would be hard to support.
:D

Never heard those Quiet Riot albums though...they were released in Japan and I doubt many made it to America until after his death.

So don't know if EVH heard them and copied them...which is doubtful, or if they're as good as his work with Ozzy.

Anyone know?

• Members

Never heard those Quiet Riot albums though...they were released in Japan and I doubt many made it to America until after his death.

So don't know if EVH heard them and copied them...which is doubtful, or if they're as good as his work with Ozzy.

Anyone know?

Well honestly, I don't think their playing is that much alike in the first place other than they were both pretty heavy.

Archived