OT Ebay question.................

Thumpin5

• Members

I bought a nice P bass (along with many other basses) that I thought that I would like but after playing out with it a couple of times, I've found out the hard way the only bass that feels good to me is my Stingray5.

I'm a lefty and don't have option of going anywhere to play a nice quality left handed bass. My auction is going to end on Wednesday and I feel like that I set the auction too low. I paid $2400.00 for the bass and I started the auction at $995.00 with intentions of bidders getting in a bidding war to my favor. I know that I'm going to lose my ass on this bass. Do you think that I need to end the auction before a bid is put on the bass and end up with a bass that will just serve a backup or should I just accept the fact that going to lose money on this purchase and put whatever I make off of this bass towards another Stingray5???

Mods, I'm not trying to advertise my bass here because I know thats out of line. I'm just looking for some feedback on my question. If this is any way out of line, feel free to delete my post.

Thanks, Jody

• Members

You paid $2400.00 for a P bass?

How!
:confused:

Dude, I mean...damn!

Is it vintage or somethin?

Yea, I know. But consider that I'm a lefty and a custom shop Fender lefty 5 string P bass would have cost me right at $2000.00...:cry:

*cries*

• Members

Here's the link:

Mods, again fell free to delete my post.

oh it's a Lull , you had me worried there for a sec. I think 2400 is a wee high for a used one but only by a few hundred . Nice bass !

• Members

Yea, I know. But consider that I'm a lefty and a custom shop Fender lefty 5 string P bass would have cost me right at $2000.00...
:cry:

*cries*

I'm not baggin on you about what you paid for it. If was worth $2400 to you then that's all that counts. But $2400 for a P bass is a lot for most people and I'm afraid you're really in for a hosing on a resale.

• Members

I'd keep it and learn to love it for that price. Or...

Put a reserve on your auction. A rule of thumb for used/like new is to expect about 2/3 of the reasonable new price.

The problem you will have is finding bidders who are left handed who want to spend that much on a bass on ebay. Still, try leaving the price at $995 but put a $1400 reserve on it. You should be able to do that with a small change to the existing auction. If it doesn't sell, put it up again with a lower reserve.

Nice bass by the way.

• Members

I'm not baggin on you about what you paid for it. If was worth $2400 to you then that's all that counts. But $2400 for a P bass is a lot for most people and I'm afraid you're really in for a hosing on a resale.

That's cool Mudbass. I know that I made a very bad decision but I thought that I would give it a try since I have some more money to spend on "my bass {censored}" as my ex-wife called it.

• Members

I'd keep it and learn to love it for that price. Or...

Put a reserve on your auction. A rule of thumb for used/like new is to expect about 2/3 of the reasonable new price.

The problem you will have is finding bidders who are left handed who want to spend that much on a bass on ebay. Still, try leaving the price at $995 but put a $1400 reserve on it. You should be able to do that with a small change to the existing auction. If it doesn't sell, put it up again with a lower reserve.

Nice bass by the way.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to do that now.

• Members

That's cool Mudbass. I know that I made a very bad decision but I thought that I would give it a try since I have some more money to spend on "bass my {censored}" as my ex-wife called it.

Well now goddammit. You said it was a P-bass and P-bass to me means Fender. I just looked at your auction and that's not a P-bass. It's a fancy custom, botique job. Thank god. I was afraid I was gonna have ta slap you around some for spending $2400 on a damned P-bass. :mad:

• Members

Well now goddammit. You said it was a P-bass and P-bass to me means Fender. I just looked at your auction and that's not a P-bass. It's a fancy custom, botique job. Thank god. I was afraid I was gonna have ta slap you around some for spending $2400 on a damned P-bass.
:mad:

I'm not that stupid...well hell yes I am.

:D:thu::mad::D

• Members

That's cool Mudbass. I know that I made a very bad decision but I thought that I would give it a try since I have some more money to spend on "my bass {censored}" as my ex-wife called it.

Man, don't feel bad. I've seen people spending 10 grand on a Conklin. :cry:

Archived