OT: Good labor vibes needed, please

Svi

• Members

It has been almost two weeks since my "false alarm". I went to the hospital with contractions and the nurses said I wasn't ready yet, but I would be back within a week. It's been almost two! Saw the doctor on Monday and he said nothing is happening "down there" but it happens pretty suddenly with first timers. So here I am waiting. I've done everything. I'm sick of waiting, it's hot out, I'm fat, I feel disgusting, I can't sleep, I eat EVERYTHING in sight, my blood pressure is rising, I'm extremely bitchy and cranky, I can't move without putting in some serious effort (you should see SARios help get me off the couch) and this kid is driving me nuts. Not only that, I'm a week past my original due date and 11 days away from my second.

SEND ME GOOD LABOR VIBES. I WANT THIS BABY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*Yes, I'm awfully demanding these days

• Members

My ex-wife went to the mall and walked until she went into labor. But that is hard to do if "very pregnant"... Murphy's Law would tell you to get as far away from doctors and hospitals and that would be when you would give birth! :)

Good luck and good vibes for the baby and mama!

• Moderators

Upon knowing that the next day the doctor was going to induce labor, my wife went into labor on her own the afternoon beforehand. That's a funny story in and of itself. Hang in there, MrsSvi. You're at the tail end of the pregnancy and what you're feeling right now physically and mentally is quite natural. Good vibes sent your way. :thu:

• Members

I thought this was some thread about job hunting, and was going to post a "good labia vibes" spoof thread. Then i saw who posted it, and well, just don't have the heart...
:D

:D

That is great!!! I'm laughing my ass off. Maybe that'll get her out.

• Members

He's 9 months old in that picture, but yeah, I went to Alaska when he was 2 weeks old, and he was a hoss then, too:

Cute kid!!

I was 9 lbs 7 oz. and my brother was 10 lbs, 6.5 oz. He's a buck forty now-soaking wet. We were all big babies. And my mom is a whole 5' 3"-she did it all natural, too.

Archived