Has anyone dealt with this BIG Fenfer parts ebay seller..

PrestiaRules

• Members

http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=bass&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=reliablefender&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

reliablefender is the ID. The have a pile of MIJ stuff in parts. Some 'loaded' bodies and necks (as in ready to go) and others stripped bare. They also have all the 'bits' (pots, tuner pegs etc.)

I wonder if they do the loaded bodies and necks as a legal way around selling complete MIJ Fenders or if it just ends up raising more $$. I was surprised that the stripped necks usually sell for more than the stripped bodies...I mean I love MIJ necks but I thought they would both sell for a bout $200

interesting source for some project material but I would feel better if any of y'all could vouch or not.

• Members

The seller has over 30 THOUSAND transactions with feedback, a 99.9% positive rating, over 4200 completed transactions in the last month, and 1582 current listings.

You have to click through pages and pages of positive feedback to find one negative comment.

What else would you like to know?

:D

• Members

The seller has over 30 THOUSAND transactions with feedback, a 99.9% positive rating, over 4200 completed transactions in the last month, and 1582 current listings.

You have to click through pages and pages of positive feedback to find one negative comment.

well I know there is a fair amount of difference between the lower model MIJ and the nicer CIJs ...I guess I wanted to hear from people who had actually dealt with them. The numbers can be so easily skewed when people are selling $2 items....but perhaps not so skewed that 4200 transactions aren't a fair indication....;)

• Members

I just ordered a p neck (maple fretboard 57 RI) based on the quality of this seller's feedbacks. Should get it sometimes next week. I was also looking at Warmoths but I taught that for only a few bucks more I'd get a Fender neck to put on my MIM body.

• Members

I've bought a few parts from them, nothing valued at more than $50 or so. You'll get an item that's just as described. Only thing is they kind of ship when they please. This is common with many of the high volume sellers, you pay through paypal within minutes, and then 14 days later you have your product.

They sell a ton of stuff, and sometimes you can score some great deals from them. I normally just build odd projects, but if I was looking specifically for genuine Fender stuff they'd be high on my list. I've always wondered how they get so many brand new bodies/neck etc.

Archived