Bass through a Schertler Unico?

Stackabones

• Members

It says that it's an acoustic amp...so I wouldn't be turning it up very loud at all...unless you've got a piezo in your bass.

You probably wouldn't have any problems, I just wouldn't chance it right away.

Is the piezo the problem or is it something else? I've put electric guitars (jazz box with floating pup, tele with tele pups) through the amp with no problems.

:confused:

• Members

No...a piezo is designed for acoustic simulation. I've you've ever heard a guy playing electric guitar but it sounds like a acoustic...well that's a piezo.

Go and try it out. I'm just saying that I wouldn't. Not any any type of volume at least. That amp is designed to amplify acoustic instruments...

• Members

No...a piezo is designed for acoustic simulation. I've you've ever heard a guy playing electric guitar but it sounds like a acoustic...well that's a piezo.

Go and try it out. I'm just saying that I wouldn't. Not any any type of volume at least. That amp is designed to amplify acoustic instruments...

Hmmm ... perhaps I'm not being clear. I know what piezos are---got 'em in about three acoustic guitars. ;)

My main question is frequency response. The Schertler is supposed to act like a portable PA.

I'll keep checking around. Thanks so far! :)

• Members

If you know what a piezo is, why would you ask if that is the problem? I think I'm even more confused than you are now...

Like I said in my first post...I don't think you'll hurt anything, but I also not saying that you won't. I have never heard of that amp before, let alone tried/heard one to tell you that it'll be fine. Most of us on this forum use an actual bass amp, or we go through a DI into an actual PA.

I would use an amp like that if I was amplifying an upright, full acoustic bass, or something with a piezo...like a fretless. I guess it all depends on the tone your going for though...

• Members

Did a little search and found a dealer a few towns away! Called him and he said that it would be no problem, that he even saw Stephan Schertler play bass through it at a tradeshow in Europe.

Put in an email to Schertler USA, but I think I'll get a similar response.

Hey ... even though this thread didn't help much, at least it got me to contact the right folks!

Archived