A Clockwork Orange

Anesthesia

• Members

That and the Wall screwed me up really good. Had to "go away" for a while and get shock treatment.

I'll be on meds for the rest of my life. I take it one day at a time..........

really,

great movie! Get some pizza and cold beer with some friends and your set!

Kick back and enjoy.:thu:

• Members

That and the Wall screwed me up really good. Had to "go away" for a while and get shock treatment.

I'll be on meds for the rest of my life. I take it one day at a time..........

really,

great movie! Get some pizza and cold beer with some friends and your set!

Kick back and enjoy.
:thu:

I'm watching it alone :eek:

The Wall didn't screw me up too badly, in actual fact I think it made me reach out to people more :thu:

• Members

It's not too bad, especially considering the kind of over-the-top violence and gore we have in today's horror films. I thought A Clockwork Orange was okay, but lacked focus and went on way too long. Stanley Kubrick is one of the most overrated filmmakers of all time in my opinion.

• Members

It's not too bad, especially considering the kind of over-the-top violence and gore we have in today's horror films. I thought
A Clockwork Orange
was okay, but lacked focus and went on way too long. Stanley Kubrick is one of the most overrated filmmakers of all time in my opinion.

Over-rating is over-rated.

:D

• Members

Stanley Kubrick is one of the most overrated filmmakers of all time in my opinion.

abso {censored}ing lutely. A Clockwork orange is one of those movies that is so bad that it becomes a "cult classic" and simply won't die. I think people are afraid to admit how terrible it is because they think they'll be shunned. The Rocky Horror Picture show is another film in the same category.....utter {censored}

• Members

It's not too bad, especially considering the kind of over-the-top violence and gore we have in today's horror films. I thought
A Clockwork Orange
was okay, but lacked focus and went on way too long. Stanley Kubrick is one of the most overrated filmmakers of all time in my opinion.

What he said - on all counts...

- georgestrings

• Members

Because a movie can't be good without 10 new actions per minute.

I guess you guys are more into Hollywood action movies ?

Good for you. Give me Kubrick any day.

See... now you're just startin'. :D

That's why I think Kubrick is really great. He's one of those directors that immediately polarizes an audience. There aren't too many people who can take or leave him, it usually either love or hate.

• Members

I find Kubrick's use of camera very pleasing. The scenes in his movies remind me of paintings, as many of them are quite symmetric. I can't remember a single scene where the camera would be moving diagonally inside a room.

• Members

Because a movie can't be good without 10 new actions per minute.

I guess you guys are more into Hollywood action movies ?

Good for you. Give me Kubrick any day.

:thu:

Guess these other guys would rather go see Die Hard 53 or whatever number they're up to now.

"Kubrick over-rated". Lol. That's a good one! Needed a good laugh this morning.

• Members

It was shocking when it was first released, not as much as "The Exorcist," but shocking and perhaps disturbing to the general public. Nowadays, you would find more shocking and disturbing events on any video game.

(Not gonna get into the Kubric debate - I found his films too long for no reason. "Eyes Wide Shut" stands out particularly.)

• Members

While I enjoy Kubrick's movies, I can certainly understand why people wouldn't like them.

The dialogue in A Clockwork Orange was poorly delivered and it would have been better if it was somewhat shorter. If not for the pure power of the storyline and creative use of characters brought to the table by Burgess, it would have been a steaming pile of {censored}.

The book was just over 200 pages.

The use of the Nadsat Language in the movie was well done and enjoyable, but again, the delivery was lacking.

There are times during that film that I feel as though I am watching a Benny Hill episode, although it's entirely possible that Mr. Hill was influenced by Kubrick since his show ran from 69 to 89 and A Clockwork Orange hit theaters in 71.

All in all, I think Kubrick might be a tad overrated, but he's got nothing on David Lynch.

• Members

All in all, I think Kubrick might be a tad overrated, but he's got nothing on David Lynch.

Ugh David Lynch. When I was a senior, all the pretentious little frosh in my program thought they were hot {censored} because they'd seen a couple of David Lynch movies. C'mon.... REALLY? Man can make a movie, but sheesh. His stuff isn't orgasmic, to say the least.

• Members

Great movie, but read the book, too.

Absolutely. Although, I'd recommend waiting until at least a year after you've seen the movie to read the book. Otherwise the imagery from the movie will follow you as you turn the pages.

As always, the book is infinitely better than the movie because the visualizations of the scenes in the book are uniquely your own.

Archived