OT: So I'm watching "Drumline" again..........

Funkee1

• Members

Yep, sounds like they did rip off Top Gun.
;)

:D

I've read that many of the scenes in Top Gun were real though -- modeled after one of the consultants. In particular, the "She's lost it...." bar scene is supposed to have happened.

• Members

A drummer that I play with did drum corps when he was in college. He says that the movie has quite a few, uhmmm, accuracy problems. Entertaining flick but still....

Yeah..... but that movie isn't about DCI (a mistake, if you ask me.....) it was about the traditionally Black Universities, like Florida A&M!

• Members

The Best Buy down the street keeps Drum Line on it's presentation TV and surround sound show off... Everytime I am in there, someone cranks the volume and you see 3 or 4 guys trying to convince their wives that they need a setup like that... :)

• Moderators

A drummer that I play with did drum corps when he was in college. He says that the movie has quite a few, uhmmm, accuracy problems. Entertaining flick but still....

My percussionist son-in-law just says that the drumming isn't all that impressive.

• Members

The best part of that movie is the way-too-short thirty second excerpt of Nick Cannon's character listening to his dad's tapes playing some of the hippest old-school funk. I searched in vain for that track on the soundtrack or anywhere!!!

Pretty good movie though.

Archived